Lithium Hybrid Technology (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Whilst looking for a new battery for my motorcycle I came across a Lithium hybrid battery which would fit, scroll to the bottom of the page linked to see it.

I've never heard of this technology before so I thought I'd look it up and see how it works and I came across the following page which discusses the feasibility of using a Lithium battery with a BMS in conjunction with a bank of lead acid batteries, it seems to make sense to me and it appears it could be a useful solution for Motorhomes, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on it and if anyone has first hand experience of hybrid technology/systems that would be even better.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This was an option on Hymers a couple of years ago but not sure if it is still ;)

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Different charging characteristics dictates separate charging. The lead will be a float hog on the lithium’s back until comes on line. What’s the point? Just size the lithium so you don’t need few amps from the lead. I have seen hybrid systems but never with different chemistries.
From me is a big no, not a fan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ChrisL
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021