lift sharing (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Im planning on wintering in spain and have already said i'de be happy to share the tour and expenses with some one, but some one suggested lift sharing for parts of the journey etc. which is sort of the internet version of hitch hiking. That way I get a BIG contribution to the fuel AND have my motorhome to myself once on the costas.
Ive posted ads on gumtree.com liftshare.co.uk, nationalcarshare.co.uk and freewheelers.co.uk but now im wondering how safe it is ? as it seems to be more young backpacker types.
I can look after myself and am VERY streetwise and have done similar things in the past in UK but im worried about drug smuggling, am I being paranoid. ?
Now where was that handy police man ? whats the law on illegal substances being found in a vehicle, is it down to the driver ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think if its stashed in your truck you have alot of explaining to do .if on the other persons body its not your prob. dont give lifts to anyone that smokes that should help . not everybody travelling smokes or traffics drugs even the ones going to maroc. its definately not something my travelling companions would want to be involved with either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back