Lifetime subscriptions (1 Viewer)

Aug 16, 2018
Funster No
Bought our first motorhome brand new in 2018 and decided to get the Phantom tracker installed. We paid £800 for lifetime subscription but now Phantom want more money to send an engineer to fix it. To say we're not impressed is an understatement. Is this normal service? Obviously we've paid to get the engineer out, but surely this is a bit of a scam.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
When did you have the tracker fitted?, surely if it was fitted correctly it should be fine, my Phantom is 7 years old and working ok.
Ask about a goodwill gesture, having paid up front it's the usual story when things go wrong.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liz Thirkill
Aug 16, 2018
Funster No
We were offered a free 3 month subscription, to our lifetime one. I'll be 102 and hubby will be 105! Unfortunately our insurance won't cover us without a tracker and tracker's not working. It's less than 3 years old, and with lockdowns it's not exactly had a lot of use.

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Bought our first motorhome brand new in 2018 and decided to get the Phantom tracker installed. We paid £800 for lifetime subscription but now Phantom want more money to send an engineer to fix it. To say we're not impressed is an understatement. Is this normal service? Obviously we've paid to get the engineer out, but surely this is a bit of a scam.
Many Trackers have a subscription for the Tracking service which is often an annual payment, a lifetime subscription generally means you pay this fee once instead of annually I pay Tracker 5 years upfront and receive a reasonable discount bringing the tracking service subscription closer to other providers. If the unit needs maintenance that is separate from the tracking subscription fee and an associated cost applied which seems to be what Phantom are asking for so not a Scam.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I understood they have changed ownership, I was fuming as my £390 sat nav stopped working and so did a lot of other peoples, in my case they wanted £100 to update the UK map, I bought another brand one

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back