Lifespan (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
If I Google lifespan of a motorhome it generally suggests 20 years on average. I know there's plenty will say they've had there's much longer, that's how average works šŸ˜€. What really intriguing me is the amount of 20 year old and older vans that I'm seeing for sale that are over 20k and 4 and 5 year old vans that are on sale for more than they cost new. Is there going to suddenly become a time when their value will just fall off a cliff and there will be a lot of unhappy people around?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Possibly or probably depending on one's crystal ball.

I suspect the market will take a fall as a) the recession bites, b) those who bought to get a holiday in post pandemic conditions realise it's not for them and want to sell and c) the backlog of new vans on order come through delivering more used vans.

I suspect the same may happen in the housing market with the huge quantity of new build housing and the dearth of affordable mortgages.

However, that just my crystal ball. šŸ¤«

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Once they stop selling new diesel powered motorhomes I suspect used Values will rise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2018
Funster No
We recently part exchanged our 17 year old motorhome with a dealer for a newer motorhome for Ā£22,000. We saw they'd sold it within a couple of days for Ā£25,000. Sounds a lot for a 17 year old vehicle but it was a lovely automatic 4 berth overcab model with only 27,000 on the clock, a full main dealer service history and was both mechanically and cosmetically perfect. In many ways it was as good as new. We wanted a newer more up to date model that hopefully will last long enough to be our last, but our old one was essentially as good as new and at the end of the day did more or less the same as our new one. Someone in my opinion got a bargain even at that price and that age. Our main concern was getting parts and someone willing to work on it and knowledgeable enough given its age when things will inevitably go wrong with it (as with all things) in years to come.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back