Lenny's heading South yet again (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Unusually today in Benidorm. I went to a currency exchange and changed £80 for €uros at €1.11 to £. (€88.80 is what we got)

Walked down the road and saw it at €1.13 to the £. (So would have been around €90.40).

Drawing £80 converted to €uros today would have resulted in €89.31 (ignoring the weekend conversion fee).

But, drawing that out from a Banco In Spain would involve charges.

So saved a few euros
Where down the road, currently in zaragoza but intend to be in benidorm in the next few days and will be changing money.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Nice and healthy plenty of salad there, only had mussels once, a restaurant in Brussels, they were off and I was as sick as a pig.
The last time I had salad abroad was at a resto in Algiers in 1986 and I was off work for two months with Hepatitis from the contaminated rinsing water. (And I've never put ice in a drink since then either).
Just been through hell I got dragged screaming around IKEA.
If it wasn't for IKEA I'd hate going to the dentist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well you all know where we are.

IMG_20230418_180820_copy_1152x864.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So an experienced opinion then lol, I was going to give my opinion of where you were the other day at the end of Mar Menor but thought better of it
I did say I was surprised at how built up it was I was expecting a wild area but a least the bit where we were was quite pleasant.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The last time I had salad abroad was at a resto in Algiers in 1986 and I was off work for two months with Hepatitis from the contaminated rinsing water. (And I've never put ice in a drink since then either).
I have posted before, but a good story is worth a repeat.

I was working In Kathmandu and sitting in a bar talking to a guy who was working there as a water engineer. We shared the opinion that water there was not safe, because there was no sewage system and sewage leached into the rusted old Victorian era water supply.

I asked him why he had ice in his drink?

'I never thought about it'

Laughter all round, but I bet it was the last ice he had.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I asked him why he had ice in his drink?

'I never thought about it'

Laughter all round, but I bet it was the last ice he had.
I'd been working in Algeria for two months and was warned afterwards by my doc about salad and ice.

My American boss came out for 2 days and would only eat boiled eggs (absolute truth).
Occasionally an American Big Cheese came out to join me there or in continental Europe for a 'jolly' where they were like fishes out of water and couldn't handle the stress of the 'disgusting' food and the foreign languages. :rolleyes:

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Deepest condolences, aweful place.
Which one, zaragoza has great shopping and a fabulous selection of tapas bars. Although I'm sure that my liking of benidorm is the tapas alley next to the gay scene may not be your requirement it's still a good spot for the best weather in January. ( but late this year)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Deepest condolences, aweful place.
Which one, zaragoza has great shopping and a fabulous selection of tapas bars. Although I'm sure that my liking of benidorm is the tapas alley next to the gay scene may not be your requirement it's still a good spot fir the best weather in January. ( we are a bit late this year)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Which one, zaragoza has great shopping and a fabulous selection of tapas bars. Although I'm sure that my liking of benidorm is the tapas alley next to the gay scene may not be your requirement it's still a good spot fir the best weather in January. ( we are a bit late this year)
Oops sorry double post

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
As is usual I've enjoyed your trip. Perhaps even a bit more now we're trying to follow the freebee stay lifestyle.

But, stinky LaManga, which is like Prisoner cell Block H by the Sea! Good god, then IKEA. I'd rather stay in Benidorm, naked for a week. But never mind that. I'm looking forward to you showing us more really nice free places to stay and wander around.
Also want to see more of you traversing the calm waters on your blow up floor mat with the posh stick. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back