Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
I advised my mate who has recently bought a new (to him)motorhome to join up, but he has been trying without success (may be becouse its new years day) but his question is this....
his van he recons, is just overdue for its yearly habbitation test an anual neccesity he tells me, and since the the anniversary of the said test, his leisure battery has been loosing charge, it couldn't be something to do with this test being due could it ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

In a word... No.. either the battery is duff, or the charger isn't charging.
Easily checked with a multimeter, but if unsure have it done at a dealers.

nozzel

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Birmingham West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class & RV US
Exp
43 years
The possible answer to to his problem may be one which cost me many $$$$$$ here in the US to resolve. Parasitic discharge, thats something in the background thats switched on all the time...like a clock or sensor . Mine was the fridge....the auto switching sensor and frost bar....the sensor is always on to find the best source of power (12/110 volt or gas) The frost bar is just a heater element in the section between the fridge & freezer to stop a build up of any frost that would tear the seals when the doors were opened. The rocker switch for that is under the "eyebrow" control panel at the top of the fridge. To get at it, open the freezer door and run your finger under the top control strip (not inside the compartment) its on the right. Thats avery big drain when your parked, swich it off.

The best way to find these power drains is to:- Switch everthing off.....remove all fuse's.....disconnect at Neg battery post and insert a 12v test lamp or volt meter between the two......replace a fuse, one at a time...with every thing turned off the test lamp/meter should not light or show a reading.......if it does light/read..... there's your power drain circuit. Check all items that draw power from it, disconnet it if its not needed.

On finding mine we could "boon dock"(free camp) in the desert for 5/6 days instead of the 2/3 before going for a run to recharge the batteries

Hope this helps
HAPPY NEW YEAR & KEEP ON ROLLIN

NOZZEL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back