leisure battery (1 Viewer)

May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
It's me again:tounge:

Would the wise ones recommend a leisure battery? Mine is five yrs old now. Van been laid up for six months and went flat. Charged it up and it seems to be holding at 12.7 but not a lot of experience in these things so for piece of mind I'm changing it and lesson learned for next winter

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Might be worth testing it to make sure its kaput.
Put a known load on it when fully charged and time to see how long it lasts. that'll tell you if its dead.
What type and spec of battery is it as that will dictate what you replace it with

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Might be worth testing it to make sure its kaput.
Put a known load on it when fully charged and time to see how long it lasts. that'll tell you if its dead.
What type and spec of battery is it as that will dictate what you replace it with
Its a varta dual purpose professional. I noticed when I had a couple of lights on and using the steps and water pump running while draining tanks the battery level went down from 12.7 to 12.2 but I didn't have anything running for long enough to judge though I reckon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If it's a lead acid battery you're looking for I replaced ours last year with this on "recommendation" from Lenny HB
<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
One thing to consider is, if the battery is in the habitation area (eg under the driver's seat) it might need to be a sealed type, not one of those with screw vents that can be topped up with water. Gel and AGM batteries are sealed, as are some flooded types including the LFD90.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
One thing to consider is, if the battery is in the habitation area (eg under the driver's seat) it might need to be a sealed type, not one of those with screw vents that can be topped up with water. Gel and AGM batteries are sealed, as are some flooded types including the LFD90.
The starter battery is under floor in passenger footwell in my van and the hab battery is accessed from outside about halfway along the van. It looks a bugger to get access to so I'm wondering if I can get at it from inside somehow. It cant be under the bench as that's where the boiler is. It looks as though it's more in line with the sink but I've still to check it out properly

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back