Lebara (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I noticed some several weeks ago when I examined my usage on Lebara that my SIM card had been sending text messages to a number 01534100121 regularly, sometimes several times a day in the daytime and early hours of the morning. I did not send these messages but obviously the subscriber of the number in question would know mine. I have taken this up with Lebara who assure me that changes have been made to my account to prevent this. However, nothing has changed and still the messages are being sent from my sim. I think there are obvious security implications and on further enquiry I understand that other Lebara customers have the same issue. I have now reluctantly left Lebara for another provider. I post this message so others who use their services are aware and can decide what, if anything they wish to do about it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Seems to be an ongoing problem with Lebara

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks...good move to leave Lebara...I had issues trying to get a SIM card...
Just had issues with Hits Mobile in Spain trying to take money from a cancelled account....Santander bank action required.
And finally Vodafone ES have just taken multiple payments every morning at 0505hrs... I've discussed it in length with them..not paying it back as quickly as they took it...Some mobile phone companies are crooks....
Good to get that off my chest.🤔👍👍👍👍🇪🇦

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks for the heads-up iandsm. I just checked my Lebara history and found about twenty SMS sent to an unknown mobile number during a week in late May. Searching for that number brings no results. No mystery texts since but I'll make a point of checking my Lebara history frequently. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We have the same issue and reported it to Lebara several weeks ago and they haven’t replied . Thinking of changing away from them

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Is this with a phone?

Do you see the messages on your phone or do you just see them on your account?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I’ve never gone onto the Lebara app history, does this really matter?

OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I’ve never gone onto the Lebara app history, does this really matter?
For me, if my SIM card us sending messages to an unknown number that unknown number will obviously know my number and can use out for some purpose I do not know about or authorise or distribute it to any number of scammers and since it's my mumber, yes it matters. I don't want my number bandied about and there is obviously some benefit to whoever is doing this which could well be to my detriment, otherwise why do it. It's like writing your number on a wall with their message. "Use this number for whatever you like."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back