Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
OK, I understand the role model thing but Oh Please!, if Scotland had won, we all would have been pished for a fortnight and the team would not have been fit enough to play for a month :rofl::rofl:. Rooney is a lightweight in comparison :party2:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It is a bit pathetic isn't it?

He had a few beers - so what?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I heard something about this on the news this morning and said to Bev surely he can go to a mates wedding, but apparently he just let himself into a total strangers wedding at the hotel he was being paid to stay in o_O

probably presumed his fame would be wanted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I heard something about this on the news this morning and said to Bev surely he can go to a mates wedding, but apparently he just let himself into a total strangers wedding at the hotel he was being paid to stay in o_O

I read he was invited in by some guests.

The lad can't win really.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think the whole England team out of the world cup and give all points to Scotland :) :)

The hotel probably was paid for him but did you know that no England player accepts their payment for playing, instead they all donate to charity. They picked a veterans charity for this match, its funny how you dont see that in papers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
and a 'like' Gerry, can't give both (y)

still over paid though :LOL:

on radio 2 today someone paid £1.1 million for a private Take That concert, you must have some income to do that, good on them though, not knocking the donation, but if you earn millions giving one away sounds impressive but doesn't rally hurt much :)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
and a 'like' Gerry, can't give both (y)

still over paid though :LOL:

on radio 2 today someone paid £1.1 million for a private Take That concert, you must have some income to do that, good on them though, not knocking the donation, but if you earn millions giving one away sounds impressive but doesn't rally hurt much :)
I agree David about the overpaid part, money is ruining football in my opinion and is starting to do the same with other sports.A lot of sportsmen and women do an awful lot for charity that isn't publicised, it isn't always moeny they give but something more valuable their time. I was in hospital as a child after a bad car accident and my dad managed to get a couple of celtic players to visit me (Tom McAdam and Murdo Mcleod.) the only condition was that we kept it a secret as they din't want pictures all over the paper. It certainly brightened up my stay in hospital. I actually met Murdo 2 years ago playing golf and mentioned to him about the visit and he remembered everthing about it. That made my night :)
1.1M to see Take that they should be sectioned, Lorraine dragged me a long to one of their concerts a few year ago and I thought i'd paid over the odds at £50 a ticket.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp

When you are one of the best players in the world obviously he was wanted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back