Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
What is knit crochet Kate

Well my old granny bless her tried for years to get me to crochet her way where she would hold the wool all posh like with finger in the air and then she would use the crochet hook to do All the work with her other hand well I could never do that so I improvised I can knit pretty well so i just use the crochet hook like a knitting needle and put the wool over and pull wool through just as you would as if you are knitting . Its difficult trying to explain it I'm better showing you how.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I love this thread and seeing all the other craftwork. I am thinking about some sort of craft related meet for next year? With EHU for sewing machines, of course.

I think that is a wonderful idea ..... maybe a place with a club room. Some of the C&MC sites have them (White Water Park at Tees Barrage and, maybe the site just north of Manchester) but some other places have function rooms for hire that might work, any one any idea of where would suit most of us?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Well my old granny bless her tried for years to get me to crochet her way where she would hold the wool all posh like with finger in the air and then she would use the crochet hook to do All the work with her other hand well I could never do that so I improvised I can knit pretty well so i just use the crochet hook like a knitting needle and put the wool over and pull wool through just as you would as if you are knitting . Its difficult trying to explain it I'm better showing you how.

If it works then you are doing it correctly even if it takes longer.

Someone tried to show me the correct way to work a tatting shuttle and I ended up with an impossible tangle so went back to my old slovenly ways :) Tatting is not my craft of choice as it grows too slowly but it takes very little room so if a person does "get on" with it then it would be a good choice for travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
If it works then you are doing it correctly even if it takes longer.

Someone tried to show me the correct way to work a tatting shuttle and I ended up with an impossible tangle so went back to my old slovenly ways :) Tatting is not my craft of choice as it grows too slowly but it takes very little room so if a person does "get on" with it then it would be a good choice for travelling.
Hi Helen yep it works, and just as quick my gran used to tell me off about it but could never fault my crocheting which used to annoy her. Ive never had much time over the last several years to do much knitting and crocheting but will make time now x

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I think that is a wonderful idea ..... maybe a place with a club room. Some of the C&MC sites have them (White Water Park at Tees Barrage and, maybe the site just north of Manchester) but some other places have function rooms for hire that might work, any one any idea of where would suit most of us?
Uttoxeter racecourse - there's a lovely big, light and airy room that the c&cc folk, song and dance group use and you can park the vans alongside it.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Work on my throw is progressing and I have made quite a few flowers now so thought I would see how to construct it I have made a band of double crochet and attached the first row of flowers.
AB670172-4B78-415C-8FB7-A784995FD3E0.jpeg

F40D72D1-DB09-4B3D-82DC-67D3F1D37C08.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you I’m not sure wether to do a band of double crochet between each row or just down each end and top and bottom
I have stitched the flowers to the band and to each other

I would be wondering that too. If you did it just outside, would it be secure enough? Secure may not be the right word.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I would be wondering that too. If you did it just outside, would it be secure enough? Secure may not be the right word.
I know what you mean Joy I think a row in between each row would give it a bit more structure and make it more secure.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Wow Anne - I'm loving that and the colours are working well. I find it really interesting the way we become quite creative as we go along. At one time I was the sort of person who had to have a pattern and would slavishly follow instructions. My throw is laid out on one of the spare beds and I'm keen to get it finished.

I popped into the Big C charity shop today and asked them to start advertising my patchwork and box-making courses. Whatever else is going on I am determined to start these classes, four weeks in June, three in July and three in August.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Work on my throw is progressing and I have made quite a few flowers now so thought I would see how to construct it I have made a band of double crochet and attached the first row of flowers.
View attachment 225546
View attachment 225547

Love it. Wasn't quite sure what you were intending to do earlier, but it looks great.

Giving me ideas now :LOL:.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Wow Anne - I'm loving that and the colours are working well. I find it really interesting the way we become quite creative as we go along. At one time I was the sort of person who had to have a pattern and would slavishly follow instructions. My throw is laid out on one of the spare beds and I'm keen to get it finished.

I popped into the Big C charity shop today and asked them to start advertising my patchwork and box-making courses. Whatever else is going on I am determined to start these classes, four weeks in June, three in July and three in August.
Love it. Wasn't quite sure what you were intending to do earlier, but it looks great.

Giving me ideas now :LOL:.
doesnt Joseph need a new throw!!!?

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
All my good resolutions about finishing one job before starting another are blown out of the window.
1. Granny square throw
2. Poppies
3. Shortening skirts
4. Child's knitted cardigan
5. Half a dozen little bags
6. and I bought five knitting patterns at the BigC yesterday and just had to start a cute little kiddies jumper - to see how the stitch worked:LOL::rolleyes::whistle:

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@snailtrailer

My WIP list :

I am making poppies (crochet, knit, sewn and plastic)
I have a crochet throw in progress,
I have a wedding quilt that I must get finished in time (first weekend in June)
and another quilt (wedding first weekend in September) that I just bought the fabric for but not started except for the design
I have a jumper that was knitted two years ago and not yet sewn up
I need to make a dress for the June wedding
I also have commissions I have not yet even thought about. I do not take commissions with deadline as I have to think long and hard before I start to cut fabric that is imprtant to the person who gave it to me.

that is before I start on the UFOs

(WIP = Work in Progress, UFO=UnFinished Object). When a WIP becomes a UFO is not yet clear

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back