Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Craftsy are offering a years membership for $2

I have a bodyform that is nothing like my body, so to try and make it useful I have been looking at making a moulage, so I can pad out the bodyform. Internet searches kept bringing me back to a course on Craftsy but it cost $40. Now I really want to make a moulage and almost pressed buy but couldn't bring myself to do it. Next day determined fired up the computer and the $2 offer came up this allows access to all the course, classes and patterns. The only problem I have now is I am spending Hours glued to a screen learning how to do things. OH and its also costing me a fortune in materials.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Craftsy are offering a years membership for $2

I have a bodyform that is nothing like my body, so to try and make it useful I have been looking at making a moulage, so I can pad out the bodyform. Internet searches kept bringing me back to a course on Craftsy but it cost $40. Now I really want to make a moulage and almost pressed buy but couldn't bring myself to do it. Next day determined fired up the computer and the $2 offer came up this allows access to all the course, classes and patterns. The only problem I have now is I am spending Hours glued to a screen learning how to do things. OH and its also costing me a fortune in materials.
That sounds good!

Just looked and the only option I can see is $113 a year premium membership or $11.99 a month.

Maybe the cookie fairies will offer me something different if I go away and think about it like you did šŸ¤”šŸ¤­

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
That sounds good!

Just looked and the only option I can see is $113 a year premium membership or $11.99 a month.

Maybe the cookie fairies will offer me something different if I go away and think about it like you did šŸ¤”šŸ¤­
When I looked on my tablet after buying on the laptop it was $1.49!!.
Don't forget to cancel recurring payment.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
At 75cents what's not to like. Although if you start following some of the classes materials might cost a fortune.:ROFLMAO:
I signed up and had a little nosey around the crochet. Not daring to look elsewhere yet, crochet costs me a fortune as it is šŸ˜‰

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My jacket is finsihed - I will make the pattern again but in different yarn and change things up quite a bit. At the moment I am making the diamond part as a dementia blanket and so I can see with variants I like.

IMG_20240121_175545.jpg

IMG_20240121_175552.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Helen Puddleduck what a beautiful card your sister is very lucky to receive something so special.
She will probably say that I couldn't even be bothered to go and buy her a card but sent her a home made one! She always claims shop bought food is superior to home made so whenever we go out to eat I sit like a lump as there is rarely anything suitable for a coeliac. She rolls her eyes and sighs as if I am being difficult deliberately (or a "real nuisance" as my Mum claims). I enjoyed making the card and working out how to use another part of the design program on my cutting machine as well as the assembly of the flower arch.

The card for her (ex) husband is also in progress. He is cat daft so it features a moggy on the front. I am not sure yet what to do with the inside but it will feature cats as well.

I have ordered yarn for the second diamond jacket - black and white with sparkles, Lanoso Angoras Metallic which I hope will be quite lightweight.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
She will probably say that I couldn't even be bothered to go and buy her a card but sent her a home made one! She always claims shop bought food is superior to home made so whenever we go out to eat I sit like a lump as there is rarely anything suitable for a coeliac. She rolls her eyes and sighs as if I am being difficult deliberately (or a "real nuisance" as my Mum claims). I enjoyed making the card and working out how to use another part of the design program on my cutting machine as well as the assembly of the flower arch.

The card for her (ex) husband is also in progress. He is cat daft so it features a moggy on the front. I am not sure yet what to do with the inside but it will feature cats as well.

I have ordered yarn for the second diamond jacket - black and white with sparkles, Lanoso Angoras Metallic which I hope will be quite lightweight.
Well I think it is absolutely beautiful Helen and much prefer something handmade with love than a shop bought one.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
That is amazing!

I am still knitting - this is a spreadsheet of the cable part of my current sweater.View attachment 871718

I love a challenge šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m
That is amazing!

I am still knitting - this is a spreadsheet of the cable part of my current sweater.View attachment 871718

I love a challenge šŸ˜‚
blimey! You certainly do like a challenge. I declare your sweater instructions trump my blanket šŸŽ‰

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have just finished apart from adding buttons, 2 baby cardigans, what a faff.
Felt like knitting with thread and just couldn't get my rhythm going.
Looking forward to doing an Aran jumper for my friends hubby. Though will be using a pattern I know well.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Well finished my moulage, fits me like a glove, only took three goes. Fitted it onto gurda only her arms are larger than mine so a bit wrinkled there and the bust needs some more fettling but overall I am very pleased, maybe I can now make some clothes that actually fit.
17122524484147356326985776568346.jpg17122525060046313307868974412357.jpg

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
That's impressive Bolti Are you staying with Craftsy?

This is what I've been up to recently - Zippy Monsters for "Knit-for-Nowt" who make aids for Therapists and Social Workers.

View attachment 882800

View attachment 882801
Yes I took out a year's membership. It cost the grand total of $2. I am learning lots watching the classes.
Those figures are good, I can see how they work with the zippers on the mouths. Do you have a link for the pattern when I get chance I can knit one but it may take some time.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello Bolti
Knit-for-Nowt are very protective of their patterns. I first went on their website; wrote to Clare Allen to express my interest and after a few questions and exchanges of e-mails was given the pattern for the Zippy Monster. That was the yellow-faced one.

Once that was approved I was given a password and access to all the patterns, knitted, crochet and sewn. There are patterns for puppets of family members and others representing officials so plenty of choice.

There are full explanations on their website and the work these monsters and puppets do. A great range of patterns.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Hello Bolti
Knit-for-Nowt are very protective of their patterns. I first went on their website; wrote to Clare Allen to express my interest and after a few questions and exchanges of e-mails was given the pattern for the Zippy Monster. That was the yellow-faced one.

Once that was approved I was given a password and access to all the patterns, knitted, crochet and sewn. There are patterns for puppets of family members and others representing officials so plenty of choice.

There are full explanations on their website and the work these monsters and puppets do. A great range of patterns.
Thanks for that will check out the website, glad you said some are sewn that will be better for me I have lots of spare material and should be able to produce a few quite quickly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back