Leaking pipes behind basin is shower (1 Viewer)

Mrs Wu

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Chilcompton, Radstock, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 4
Exp
since Feb 2019
Whenever we use our basin in the shower, the water goes down the plug hole and some trickles out of the side of the panel underneath. I am guessing there is a loose connection or a hole in the pipework but I don't know how to start to take any of the plastic panels off. Worried I might chip, split or break one of them and then cause another problem. How do I get into the pipes underneath the basin? Any help or ideas gratefully received.

OP
OP
Mrs Wu

Mrs Wu

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 4
Exp
since Feb 2019
I've just joined 5 minutes ago. It is a Chausson Flash 4. 14 reg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
As said a pic would assist to help.
Is it one of those fold up basins?

There was a topic fairly recently about removing them and cleaning out the waste system

OP
OP
Mrs Wu

Mrs Wu

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 4
Exp
since Feb 2019
Photos. The second photo is trying to show where the water runs down. It is in the corner of the panel and the strip. Do these help?

Attachments

• IMG_6468 (1).JPG
    IMG_6468 (1).JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6469 (1).JPG
    IMG_6469 (1).JPG
    306 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6470 (1).JPG
    IMG_6470 (1).JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6471 (1).JPG
    IMG_6471 (1).JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 60
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It looks to me like there is already a crack beside the heater vent so be careful.

As you look at your basin, is that the toilet on the right? If it is can you go outside open toilet cassette locker and then look upward and to the side and see the underside of the basin? I hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
Mrs Wu

Mrs Wu

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 4
Exp
since Feb 2019
Yes the toilet is to the right. Yes, what you are saying does make sense. To try to get to it or at least see it from the outside. I'm not going to attempt that just now as it is belting down with rain and I won't know what water is coming from van, coming from sky or coming from me!! Thank you for the suggestion.
I guess if I can see what is going on from that angle, that is how I would go about fixing it? Keeping my fingers crossed I can do this.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You could also try putting a bucket of water down the basin waste. If you get water leak as per normal it shows you that the leak is the waste system not the tap. If no water leak the opposite.

If you can’t easily see when you’ve got the cassette out shove your phone up there with flash turned on and get some photos. That may show more than you can see from outside.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Try asking your dealer.
It must've been assembled somehow, so should be possible to take apart.
I fear that will mean removal (lifting) of the (front of the) sink and that may also require removal of the mirror.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I've just joined 5 minutes ago. It is a Chausson Flash 4. 14 reg.
you might find it useful to become a paid up member, especially if you have any more questions. is this a 'new to you' van or have you had it for a while and the issue has only just occurred or been noticed?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back