Latest on MotoGP &WSB (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The first round of MotoGP at Qatar this weekend and the second rlund in Thailand have been postponed. However the Moto2 & 3 will take place as the teams are already there.
The 2nd round of WSB also scheduled to take place at Qatar the following week has also been postponed.
Lorenzo has a wildcard ride on a Yamaha at the Catalunya race in June.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Not Bike racing. I've just noticed this:

Bahrain GP.JPG

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Dorna are planning to start racing MotoGP at the end of July and run the 12 remaining races of the season....

Optimistic at the very least, but it would be welcomed if it’s safe enough to resume

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Watching on TV is the way for us so it would not matter if no spectators.

Anyway, WSB has so few spectators at some races no-one would notice.

I would normally see around two rounds of both....not this year, but I will be an even more avid armchair spectator if they do manage to get it away at some point.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
more avid armchair spectator

A few years ago we were so fed up with the viewing options at Le Mans MotoGP we left Sunday morning, got to a campsite and enjoyed it via WiFi.

Then we moved on to Mugello.

But wherever we've been the fact that the are great big TVs everywhere shows the best way to view the races.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We did a San Marino GP a few years ago, a great atmosphere at Vale's home track but not a clue what was going on in the race. Due to rain on the other side of the track & 2 bike changes we didn't know who had won until we caught up with it on TV.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
A few years ago we were so fed up with the viewing options at Le Mans MotoGP we left Sunday morning, got to a campsite and enjoyed it via WiFi.

Then we moved on to Mugello.

But wherever we've been the fact that the are great big TVs everywhere shows the best way to view the races.

That’s a definite at Silverstone.
Terrible track for viewing.

Bring back Donnington ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Try Circuit Ricardo Tormo Valencia......you can see every part of the circuit, all at the same time!

We did once, but it was just a track day.

Jerez has some good spots too but even so the bikes are so small it's hard to work out some of them. At the other end of the scale, at Donington, next to track, whoooooosh, and they're gone. Or again, by the old hairpin, can see them for ages but only little dots.

For us, it's TV for best coverage.

Shaun929

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Sunny isle of axholme
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu I500
Exp
Late 2018
We did once, but it was just a track day.

Jerez has some good spots too but even so the bikes are so small it's hard to work out some of them. At the other end of the scale, at Donington, next to track, whoooooosh, and they're gone. Or again, by the old hairpin, can see them for ages but only little dots.

For us, it's TV for best coverage.
Cannot beat the atmosphere and crack being at the circuit though

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
It‘s got to be the TT for atmosphere.....

or the Manx/Classic if you want the craic and atmosphere on a smaller scale and less pressure so the riders let their hair down....

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
How are the mechanics etc in moto gp and F1 going to be social distancing whilst working on the bikes and cars

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
How are the mechanics etc in moto gp and F1 going to be social distancing whilst working on the bikes and cars
Probably by testing them as they gather for each meeting and keeping them away from the public once they are cleared.

I think the bigger problem is the shipping of equipment and the travel

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Probably by testing them as they gather for each meeting and keeping them away from the public once they are cleared.

I think the bigger problem is the shipping of equipment and the travel
We are told it’s no point testing arrivals at Heathrow as it can be ages before symptoms show etc, so why would be ok for them. I think they make it up depending how much money you have.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
We are told it’s no point testing arrivals at Heathrow as it can be ages before symptoms show etc, so why would be ok for them. I think they make it up depending how much money you have.
I’m not saying that’s what the plan is......to be honest I don’t care what the plan is as long as it’s safe to race.

or we might as well all just sit at home full of doom and gloom forever.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
It‘s got to be the TT for atmosphere.....

or the Manx/Classic if you want the craic and atmosphere on a smaller scale and less pressure so the riders let their hair down....

You're almost right - I suffer from premature Kojakulation, the days of letting my hair down are long gone ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back