gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Dethleffs Adv 2006 i6501b
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Hello

Our van has a Thetford C2 fixed loo. Does anyone know of a kit which would allow the (very small!) seat to be closer to the size of a regular domestic loo?

Cheers
Gavin

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have a riser fitted to ours which makes it higher and as its designed for household use is the same size as ther one indoors.
Available from Mobility Outlets just google toilet risers. Ours is a Savannah with a lid.

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
We have a riser fitted to ours which makes it higher and as its designed for household use is the same size as ther one indoors.
Available from Mobility Outlets just google toilet risers. Ours is a Savannah with a lid.

Ah wow I hadn't thought of risers. That's a great angle to explore, thank you!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Height is also an issue for both of us, hadn't even considered risers were a thing.

My original question was really about width since, to quote Queen in 1978, 'fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round'

So I think the combination of a riser together with some other accessibility aid might be the answer here. I'll have a look and report back if I find anything decent.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
That’s quite a good idea as I find the Thetford bench seat too low and there is not enough room in the washroom to do the ergonomic lean forward and get weight forward to help with standing up.

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage

Hm, I tried this clip-on one, and it was far too big to get even close to fitting inside the loo: https://www.manageathome.co.uk/pd/novelle-clip-on-raised-toilet-seat_11371 - when you say 'Savannah with a lid' is it this one with the screws at each side? https://www.manageathome.co.uk/pd/savanah-raised-toilet-seat-with-lid_11291

Did you have to remove the existing seat from the C2 bench first?

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
gdhgdh apologies I didnt realise it was for a bench seat. Ours is the pedestal type = it has the screws each side but I had to tape some wooden extenders to it to make it fit and I took the exisitng seat and lid off.

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
gdhgdh apologies I didnt realise it was for a bench seat. Ours is the pedestal type = it has the screws each side but I had to tape some wooden extenders to it to make it fit and I took the exisitng seat and lid off.
Ah cool that's great. I'll have a 'crack' ( :D ) at it tomorrow!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Toilet thread I seem to have missed.

I am surprised at some of the problems encountered.

I do not know what a 'bench seat' is

We have a bowl that will swivel to any desired position. As for seat height and size it just seems like ours at home. I thought all MHs had the same.

Please educate me, i.e. I need toilet training!

Geoff

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Toilet thread I seem to have missed.

I am surprised at some of the problems encountered.

I do not know what a 'bench seat' is

We have a bowl that will swivel to any desired position. As for seat height and size it just seems like ours at home. I thought all MHs had the same.

Please educate me, i.e. I need toilet training!

Geoff

Hey Geoff - the name's really simple once you see a picture - the C2 bench loo looks like this:

1646259200331.png

There's no swivel seat - entirely fixed. The seat itself is relatively small:

1646259299198.png

Our MH is 2006 so I'm guessing that the newer ones are nearly the same size as a domestic plumbed toilet. The small seat is quite literally a pain in the ar*e!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hey Geoff - the name's really simple once you see a picture - the C2 bench loo looks like this:

View attachment 591260

View attachment 591262

Our MH is 2006 so I'm guessing that the newer ones are nearly the same size as a domestic plumbed toilet. The small seat is quite literally a pain in the ar*e!

I thought bench seats were the 'norm' especially in caravans, until quite recently?? I wish my van had one, as I find the pedestal ones far too high!
Changing it is on my to-do list! :unsure:

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
The type in the picture look more like the ones I saw In Auschwitz

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It's many years since I had a C2 bench type, but seem to remember the tank was a lot bigger than my present 260 which fills up fast. Could be aging memory of course as in size of wagon wheels (biscuits)

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Are they catchin their poop on a spoon and puttin it in the water?😱
Nope they are sponges, they wipe their behinds and wash the sponge in the water for the next user. No panic buying of toilet roll required:giggle:

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

View attachment 591260

View attachment 591262

Thanks - I said I needed educating.

I had never seen one probably because when I started looking or a MH I only looked at 'A' Class, as I had not come up the tent/caravan/coachbuilt route - I just hopped over the gunwhale from a boat.

But why is the bench twice the width of the seat? - seems a lot of space needed.

Geoff

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now

I had never seen one probably because when I started looking or a MH I only looked at 'A' Class, as I had not come up the tent/caravan/coachbuilt route - I just hopped over the gunwhale from a boat.

But why is the bench twice the width of the seat? - seems a lot of space needed.

Geoff
I personally think your talking a load of S**T:cautious: ;) :LOL: (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's many years since I had a C2 bench type, but seem to remember the tank was a lot bigger than my present 260 which fills up fast. Could be aging memory of course as in size of wagon wheels (biscuits)
You're correct the bench seats ones do have a much larger capacity however that also means you need to eat more spinach in order to lift them over the disposal point!
:giggle:
It's actually a very good design especially in combined toilet/shower rooms as you don't have any gaps at the sides which need moping up and as I mentioned above a larger cassette too.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
In post #11 what are the two caps for, either side of the seat?

I can see the cassette is a bit deeper than normal. I assume still accessed through outside door.

But are we talking history now or do some manufacturers still fit them? If so caravans and/or MHs?

[Got to keep a 'toilet thread' running]

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In post #11 what are the two caps for, either side of the seat?

I can see the cassette is a bit deeper than normal. I assume still accessed through outside door.

But are we talking history now or do some manufacturers still fit them? If so caravans and/or MHs?

[Got to keep a 'toilet thread' running]
One is meant to hold the toilet roll, the other is the knob to open the flap as they don't have levers.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
They also came in left and right handed versions so the hatch could be at either end. I thought they were a great design but obviously I was a lot younger then to hump the tank about. They also had a bogroll holder.

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage

Geoff

Oddly this is indeed an A-Class, tho again it's 2006 so perhaps the market was a bit different. The width is fine and as others have mentioned, means the cassette can be bigger and there are no gaps to get wet / mouldy.

The original problem was one of seat size + height. Now that I've removed the loo seat + lid, I've been able to much more easily fit the replacement I bought: https://www.manageathome.co.uk/pd/novelle-clip-on-raised-toilet-seat_11371

1646393082433.png

I just need to cut a section out of it so the toilet roll holder can fit again, and we're all ready to accommodate The Larger Figure (y)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Oddly this is indeed an A-Class, tho again it's 2006 so perhaps the market was a bit different. The width is fine and as others have mentioned, means the cassette can be bigger and there are no gaps to get wet / mouldy.

The original problem was one of seat size + height. Now that I've removed the loo seat + lid, I've been able to much more easily fit the replacement I bought: https://www.manageathome.co.uk/pd/novelle-clip-on-raised-toilet-seat_11371

View attachment 591701

I just need to cut a section out of it so the toilet roll holder can fit again, and we're all ready to accommodate The Larger Figure (y)

I think, where the 'toilet roll holder' is, there used to be a manual pump that one pressed down. Are they now electric??:unsure:

OP
OP
gdhgdh

gdhgdh

Free Member
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
I think, where the 'toilet roll holder' is, there used to be a manual pump that one pressed down. Are they now electric??:unsure:

Ah that would make sense. Yeah it's the usual 12V cheapo Whale GP1002.

When I first got the MH, the pump stopped working soon after and it took me a while to figure out there were two fuses - one beside the waste cassette and another on the Elektroblock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back