Laptop not recognising new battery any ideas.... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just replaced my laptop battery with a new one. I now have a problem with the laptop not recognizing the new battery so it wont charge etc. I have googled the problem but only remedy is to drain battery down etc which will involve dismantling it again so this would not be my first option if I can find another way. Any ideas please please it is a dell with Windows 10....Ta

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Is it a genuine replacement battery or an eBay Chinese copy?
Batteries are a profitable aftermarket spares market for manufacturers so some do make it difficult to use third party products.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Is the battery in disguise?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is it a genuine replacement battery or an eBay Chinese copy?
Batteries are a profitable aftermarket spares market for manufacturers so some do make it difficult to use third party products.
Good question, I thought I was ordering a genuine replacement but when it arrived I must say it don't look like a dell. I did check and Dell has a chip to recognize if it is genuine but I think this copy has one too.
I'm also suspicious that the battery that was replaced (which was the original one) had also lost it's id and just needed resetting..
Sooooo if I cant sort it I will put the old battery back and return the copy to where it came and attempt to reset the original one or get a genuine Dell if the old one wont reset. Apart from that it works a treat with it's new internal power socket that I also replaced.(y)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
If it's Dell I'd return the pattern one and just buy an original.

Dell are bast""ds with their batteries (I use Dell laptops). Even charging without an original charger can be a nightmare.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I would never use a third party battery for a laptop unless it was from an approved and reliable source. There has been many report of cheap replacement batteries bursting into flames.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think I had better add....this laptop is not just a basic run of the mill laptop, it has an i7 processor 250g solid state processor touch reversible screen with all sorts of gizmos and can be used as laptop or tabblet. It also has sentimental value as it was a gift from my son so I will do my best to get it back to it's original good health....;):)(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I would never use a third party battery for a laptop unless it was from an approved and reliable source. There has been many report of cheap replacement batteries bursting into flames.
This was a reliable source Borderland it wasn't purchased on cost but I will be more careful next time as genuine Dell doesn't always mean genuine.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back