Labour of Love (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Having just spent the morning cleaning the roof of the van it strikes me that it is a labour of love. Only we can see how dirty it is from a bedroom window, none of our neighbours can see it and when on site nobody sees it.

However, once completed there is a certain amount of satisfaction, along with sore calves and a stiff back. Thank goodness I only tackle the job twice a year.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Snap we can only see ours from bedroom window. I was going to do it today but there is a little Japanese guy in the garden so I have put it off again.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
strikes me as a futile effort cleaning the van roof a few days before bonfire night, diwali, eid, etc. it will get filthy over the next week just sat on the drive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
strikes me as a futile effort cleaning the van roof a few days before bonfire night, diwali, eid, etc. it will get filthy over the next week just sat on the drive
We live in a rural area, no bonfires, few fireworks and no Diwali. Biggest problem is fly ash from wood burning stoves, they've become a nuisance.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We used to have the same problem with a dirty roof that we could only see from first floor windows and found the ideal simple solution ........

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We were embarrassed when we saw the state of our van roof from the ferry. will not be pointing out mucky vans at the storage in the near future. I am not good with heights but think i may have to have a go with it soon, waiting for some rain when i will add car shampoo and hope for the best ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's actually not a bad idea to occasionally clean your roof, that way you will notice any areas of mastic etc that is shrinking, damaged or missing so you can repair it before it becomes a leak ... when we had a Rapido 709F it had a large join where the low profile front joined the roof panel, I was actually up there putting in some new clear roof lights (replacing some heavily tinted ones that made the interior like the hole of Calcutta!) when I noticed the mastic in the joint was shrinking away so I immediately set-to and sorted it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back