Kilometres to miles per hour (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
I have a 2018 IH FIAT, and for some reason it has been changed to km instead of mph on readout (where you look to see how many miles it has done) I have tried and can’t find where or how you do it in the menu. Can anyone help

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Done a bit of Googling - it may be in the stereo settings menu under units.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Remember it is illegal to drive here in Kph. As my Fiat Ducato is not the clearest to read, I have a “heads up display” in mph and kph. Therefore use the mph here and when abroad use the kph setting. I would speak to IH or Fiat for the answer.

Dec 9, 2017
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amudsen
Remember it is illegal to drive here in Kph. As my Fiat Ducato is not the clearest to read, I have a “heads up display” in mph and kph. Therefore use the mph here and when abroad use the kph setting. I would speak to IH or Fiat for the answer.
No’ it’s not illegal to drive in kph. It’s a legal requirement to have a display in both kph and mph.
Whatever you record your distance in is up to you.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Having been 'clocked' at 1mph over the tolerance in some motorway roadworks last year resulting in an 'awareness course', I invested in a large digital GPS speedo that can display mph or kmh as required. Never look at the dash one now.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Why is it illegal? Surely if it passes an mot Kph then it is legal.

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
I bought a cheap HUD from eBay to show kilometres when away in Europe. Saves messing about. Prefer my odometer in miles!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Remember it is illegal to drive here in Kph.
I doubt it.If it was all the foreigners would have problems as most don't get supplied dual marked speedo s
Will it pass an MOT if only in kph.
All the left hand drive vehicles i had in the Uk did & most were also only kph speedos.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Not an expert but it shouldn’t as its mph in the U.K. so not correct.

My 1989 ex-German LHD VW T25 'Westy' which I have owned for over 15yrs is original and has KM speedo and LHD Headlights (taped for MOT) and passes its MOT each year without comment.(except how good it is. :giggle: )

I think I am correct in saying that the speedo is not part of the MOT requirements anyway as some do not register until the wheels pass 10mph?

PS. If I want to know exact speed of vehicle, I look at my Sat-Nav which is more accurate than the speedo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back