Key fob battery dead or something else? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Was having a go at fixing my remote central locking problem with my Hartal door. The blue and green wires have snapped at the base of the door leaving too short a length to connect easily. So managed a temporary connect with the green wire and when pressing the lock button on the key fob could hear the actuator working. It it wasn't locking. Feeling partially relieved that I'd at least 'solved' if not fixed the electrical issue, realised that there was still a mechanical problem. So took the door cover off and lo and behold a little plastic lug that connects to the rigid wire rod was broken. There was a plastic cable tie that someone had previously used to "fix" it.
Anyway to cut to the chase we managed to cobble together a fix using two cable ties that at least allowed us to manually lock the door.
But then when I tired to lock the van's door with the key remote there was nothing. No clicks no lights flashing. So I went into the van and pressed the lock and unlock buttons on the dashboard and the front doors locked and unlocked as normal.
So I'm wondering whether it just happened that the fob battery has died or whether I've managed to cock something up just by connecting the green wire? I've disconnected the wire and tried the key fob but still nothing. I'll go and buy a new battery tomorrow and try again. But it did seem a coincidence that the fob stopped working just like that.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Just to add that I've tested the CR2032 battery (3v) in the key fob and its fine (reading 3.23 volts). So.......probably not the battery. :unsure:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Don’t you just hate life’s coincidences???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Yes I do! Glad you find it funny. I do see the funny side. :giggle:

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Can I just ask a question regarding the fuse for the central locking? My Peugeot Boxer manual indicates that the central locking is controlled by fuse 38 rated at 20amps in the fuse box by the passenger seat. I imagine when relating to the motorhome they mean the driver's seat fuse box. Anyway, the central locking works when pushing the lock/unlock buttons on the dash. Presumably that means that the fuse is ok. I'll check it if necessary with the multimeter but I can't see how it'd work if the fuse had blown.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back