After a mad grass cutting and washing frenzy on recently getting back from my Scottish trip, I headed off in to Cumbria staying at a few different sites, but ending up at the C&CC Keswick site on Monday. The plan was to leave there on Friday and head across to the NE coast for the weekend, where I'm meeting up with my son. I was lucky on arrival to have secured an excellent front row pitch, with the view down Derwentwater only marred by my hook up cable..... That view didn't last long though as one of the new starters had put me on the wrong pitch and I was asked to move, which I did reluctantly, but which turned out to be for the best. I was aware that strong winds and heavy rain were forecast overnight Tuesday and into Wednesday, but decided to leave my awning up as Thursday was going to be bright & breezy, so the plan was pack it away dry Thursday afternoon, ready to leave on Friday. Then on Wednesday morning, I had an early knock from a warden advising that the site was on a flood alert, which by lunchtime had escalated to an official full site evacuation. So began an extremely wet packing of the awning, Silverscreens, hound and me. I don't think that list would have been much wetter if I'd dragged the whole lot through Derwentwater. Just before I left at 1.30pm, I grabbed this pic which shows the bollard that I was plugged in to in my first pic and the water was still rising. Even when the rain was due to stop later that afternoon, the fells would still continue to drain into Derwentwater and raise the level for at least another 24 hours, so evacuating was the correct call.