kayak on the van

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by jph1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jph1

jph1

Ratings:
    +0
    we have a brand new elddis autoquest coming in march .we also own a 2 seater fishing kayak ,weve paid extra for a rack and ladder anybody out there got any tips how to get it on top of the van

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +101,412
    I used to carry two twin canoes that weighed 35kg each on a roof rack on a tag axle AutoTrail. I would lean them against the back of the motorhome and then get on the roof and pull them up. I had a couple cut sections of an old aluminium ladder which was secured to the original roof-rack to raise it up so that the canoes did not interfere with vents and other roof furniture.

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Ratings:
    +1,714
    Hi JPH
    Not done it my self but my son in law as kayaks on his hi top ford transit , he gets on top to pull a rope and if poss somebody to push up from below, I cant think of anything better. Pete:Smile::Smile:

4. pat101

pat101

Ratings:
    +25
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  5. Richgj

Richgj Funster

Ratings:
    +19
    Hi there I carry racing K1's on my th etop of my eldis autoquest so they don't wiegh much more than 190kg's. I can carry one end up th eladder and I had a freind make up a pole with a v at the end which th ek1 sits in. My wife can then lift it up and I slide it along. Hope that helps.