LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well phoned dealer I have ordered awning from today explaining did not think it would fit as not enough height above door! Salesman's reply was sorry no cancellation of order or refunds. Just looked on there website and find the expected delivery is not until 4th april which we where not informed of when ordering,so tomorrow will see if credit card company can help.
It you ordered online under the Distant Selling Regulations you can return it for a full refund within 14 days and the seller is responsible for the return carriage cost as well as delivery cost. So you should be able to return it and will not be out of pocket.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Might the outcome differ relative to awning type/manufacturer? Also, how can you tell if you will defitively have an issue prior to physically testing it? Presumably, not all awnings will have the same size or positioning of certain components such as air beams etc?

Ours should arrive Wednesday, so I'm trying to remain hopeful/positive of a good outcome ;)
Looking at the slope on the roof of the awning I have ordered and the clearance above the door it will not work.
As far as how can you tell if you definitely have issues prior physically testing. As stated above by door clearance. The air beams would be clear of the door so they would not have been a problem.

Lenny as I stated earlier awning was ordered an NEC not online so I will be better to cancel order than wait another month for delivery. I have only just found out delivery is not expected until April 4th so do not want to wait till then find it will not be of use then have an awning that I can't send back and am ÂŁ425 out of pocket, and would take a hit if I could resell it.

Thanks for every one's help on my mistake of not checking first.
Will I learn? I doubt it.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Good luck with cancelling your order and getting a refund, hope it is a painless exercise. We only have about 50-60mm (at a guess) gap between door and wind out awning, will confirm outcome of Kampa Motor Rally Air when known in case of interest to anyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Minor update, our Kampa Motor Rally Air 260L was delivered on Wednesday as promised, today we attempted the first erection of such with our AT Tracker.

Good news, the hab door is still fully functional! We can't open it fully back into the retaining clip on the side of van due to central (vertical) air beam position, but not too far away from such so access is not impeded. May need some silicon spray or similar to make sliding the beading into the wind out awning channel a little easier, other than that it was straight forward and much quicker than our old Movelite XL with poles. Pleased with it so far...

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Good job!
Cheers, Dave(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lindylou
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Pleased to hear all is well with the new awning.

Lin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back