LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
…..2018, 10.5inch screen, with a 2020 12.9inch screen version. Nice tablet, but I’m beginning to think that I should’ve bought the smaller (11inch screen) one, as the new one is perhaps a little too big to hold. Decided on the larger screen as I do most of my reading (papers and magazines) on a tablet, and I thought the extra screen space would be easier on my tired old eyes……. ;) .
I’ll keep the new one to see if I get more used to it……..otherwise, it may go on the ‘Classifieds’ page!o_O

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have got the big screen version. If you get the right cover/stand it is much better than the standard size iPads.

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Had the new iPad pro for Christmas and love it. Bought a logitec cover and keyboard which works really well with it.
Was it this one, David?

Logitech Slim Folio Pro for 12.9 inch iPad Pro (3rd & 4th gen
71fCf-s5O6L._AC_SX522_.jpg

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Update……
I’ve bought a different cover (as suggested by Chris) - the new one has an elastic loop for the Apple Pencil ( which I don’t use that much……) rather than a compartment which the original cover had thereby making it larger - see photos:-CE502BBC-27F4-4E6E-BB44-F5432D43EB5D.jpeg
A3536BF7-61B1-4F71-BE07-49E496977836.jpeg
90698A8F-82D4-4B4E-A55E-C191A0F1F09A.jpeg
The original cover is under the new cover in the third photo and, although it doesn’t look much bigger, the difference when holding it is appreciable. I haven’t bought the keyboard cover as suggested by davidbaldam as, to be honest, I wouldn’t use it that much in landscape mode………, but thanks for the info, David!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
…..2018, 10.5inch screen, with a 2020 12.9inch screen version. Nice tablet, but I’m beginning to think that I should’ve bought the smaller (11inch screen) one, as the new one is perhaps a little too big to hold. Decided on the larger screen as I do most of my reading (papers and magazines) on a tablet, and I thought the extra screen space would be easier on my tired old eyes……. ;) .
I’ll keep the new one to see if I get more used to it……..otherwise, it may go on the ‘Classifieds’ page!o_O
Make sure you have the Apple cover insurance or similar. Either that or don’t be an eejit like me and drop yours on the kitchen floor cracking the screen. That is a circa £500-600 repair, as an Apple approved repair can’t just change the screen apparently. :oops: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Yes…I’ve taken out the AppleCare+ insurance as it seemed to give the best cover……🤞

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
How do you reduce the size of a video so that I can post it?

I use this one regularly for work it it suits me there are other free on line when I use my daily allocation I use another one

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
My file is 74 mb is it too big to convert?
no it will do it just use the slider to reduce it to the size you want I have been reducing a 880mb to 80 to get it to upload to where I need

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sorry Apple Guys, I dont understand it? Please enlighten me.?
If you want a larger screen Tablet, with a keyboard & maybe a mouse, why not just buy a super fast 512GB SSD, 2.7GHZ Intel Quad Core Processer, with 16GB of Ram, along with a super Intel Graphics Card,& High Res screen, they are a larger size at 15"or even larger up to 17", and even cheaper than a 12.1" I Pad?
I see some of these 12.1" Apple I pads priced at £1200 and above.
Just asking because, that's what we have done, and we take it everywhere we go, it has larger batteries for 10 hour plus usage also, and cost us around £800, inc return to base 12 month (extendable) warranty.
I honestly think you are paying for the Badge with Apple Products, more than the spec these days.
Best wishes.
LES

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Apple applications don't (tend to) interfere with others and are more stable.
If you cannot justify Apple, then MS is your saviour.

Last edited:

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
It's hard to say why but if you've used an iMac/iPad you won't go back to Windows. I use Windows and Apple products for work (software engineer) and pleasure but prefer Apple, they just work. Yes you pay more but in my and colleauges opinion worth it.

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
What format do I use for this forum?
As Manic says, load it to YouTube with a link here, don’t think size matters so much on YouTube. They take a variety of formats (I think about 10), most popular are .mp4, .avi, .mov and .mpeg4, it’ll depend on what you used to record the video.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
If you want a larger screen Tablet, with a keyboard & maybe a mouse, why not just buy a super fast 512GB SSD, 2.7GHZ Intel Quad Core Processer, with 16GB of Ram, along with a super Intel Graphics Card,& High Res screen, they are a larger size at 15"or even larger up to 17", and even cheaper than a 12.1" I Pad?
Just asking because, that's what we have done, and we take it everywhere we go, it has larger batteries for 10 hour plus usage also, and cost us around £800, inc return to base 12 month (extendable) warranty.
I honestly think you are paying for the Badge with Apple Products, more than the spec these days.
Best wishes.
LES
2 weeks ago I would have been saying the exact same thing as you..."why not buy a PC/Laptop, the IPad is waaay overpriced". 1 week ago, I gave in to a moment of madness and bought a new IPad pro with Apple's latest M1 cpu/gpu. It is insanely good. I have the 11" screen with WiFi+cellular and 512GB storage.

The screen, whilst not as good as the 12" model, is still beautifully crisp with wonderful, rich colours. The speakers are simply jaw-dropping. I have no idea how they have managed to get such good sound quality from such a small device, especially given their performance at higher volumes as well. The battery life is around 10 hour sof usage, which is also very impressive and charges very, very quickly over thunderbolt.

And then we get to the M1 chip. It's impressive. VERY impressive. I don't think there is a single App on the App store that would even make it break a sweat. This is the same chip that Apple are putting in the MacBook Air, the MacBook Pro and even the desktop IMacs.

And then there's the ecosystem. Everything just.....works. You want to pair your new Airpods with your IPad? Sure, just open the airpod case near yuour IPad...that's it. Want to pair your Apple pencil? Just put it on the IPad. Done. This has been the single most impressive and refreshing thing coming to Apple products from a PC "power-user" point of view. How easy everything is and how intuitive.

Are they expensive? Oh hell yes, they are incredibly so. Are they worth it? I've reluctantly decided that, for me at least, yes they are!

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I also recently splashed out on the iPad Pro.

I won’t be going back to a PC, ever.

It just works, as all Apple devices do. No rebooting or crashes or problems or fixes, it just works. With the keyboard and mouse you can buy as well, it takes away the need for a PC and I have soon got used to the massive thing.

In fact, we use it as a smart TV when away it’s so big.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
And you can call anytime and get assistanc. I love the screen share it makes problem solving so much easier and it’s free.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Best wishes.
LES
I’ve just been passed a Mac air Lapptop 6 years old
just had an update that’s put it running the latest settings
for no cost .
same as my phone and I pad upgraded as new settings roll out
combined with ease of use and all talk to each other
no continuous updating every time I turn it on
is my reason

and yes I didn’t want to change from m/soft
But i just couldn’t get on with at the end
:RollEyes::Smile:

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Their support is also very good. I took my 6 year iPad in to their store for some trouble shooting FOC. You get free software updates, no subscriptions. Expensive yes, but as they say buy cheap, buy twice.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I erased my MacBook Air so my Wife could have it as new. It had a terminal boot failure, typical of a Windows PC that I have experienced many times.

Apple support remote logged into it somehow and sorted it, all free.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Recently replaced a Win10 notebook with a MacBook Air running the M1 chip. Oh…my…word! The thing doesn’t break sweat, lasts 2 days use without a charge and is “instant-on” when moving from meeting to meeting. As someone ai earlier, the sound quality is incredible. No plans to revert to Windows.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I HATE APPLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: they consume my & clients so much time as often the programs they use are not compatible with not only our works programs but the other programs that we have to use linked to other organisations

Don't use it for photo's, games or watching telly/films its a tool of work but I also HATE the cloud it is such a faff.

In a few weeks I am closer to retirement and then things may change

At the end of this month if everyone else dose what they are supposed to do I will be a full paperless home office I thoroughly enjoy shredding all the files as they become surpluss to requirements but it is a job that gives me a break What will I do then for a skive ???

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
There are Apple people and non-Apple people and yes if you’re used to Apple it’s difficult to go back to Android/Windows. I went to Apple years ago and I thought I would go cheaper and have Android last year but there’s no way I could stay with it, went back to Apple!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back