JimG

Free Member
Apr 24, 2017
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
I am looking at hiring a motorhome prior to buying. Has any one had experience of the above company?

Thanks in advance

jim

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I brought our motorhome from justgo, found the sales staff very good. They are a large hire company, strict rules on how you leave van after hire, but believe them to be legit ckmpany that follow rules

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
why not try @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes ? I believe if you hire from them to try before buying, they discount the rental off the purchase price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
To carry on, they use rollerteam motorhomes, they had 2 4 and 6 berth vans in fleet. Over 100 vans in luton base where we purchased van from. They carried out their own servicing

Upvote 0

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We had our Hab check carried out by Just Go and we could not fault them.

They have a huge fleet of vehicles to chose from and all appeared to be new or nearly new. (y)

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
We hired from "Just Go" last March 2018 before buying our own MoHo in June. Having been caravaners for many years, and after so many people saying to us be careful, a Motorhome holiday is completely different to Caravanning.

So rather than jumping in feet first and spending £££££££ on a motorhome and finding out we didn't like it, thought we'd hire first. We were very fortunate to have an almost brand new 18 reg Coachbuilt U shaped rear lounge Trailer Team from Just Go. We traveled down through France ending up at Tarragona in Spain, it turned out to be one of the best three week holiday we'd ever had.

Now back to your original question. You need to be aware of the caveat within all their hire agreements, that JG can not guarantee the type of vehicle you booked will necessarily be what you are given, when you arrive to collect at the start of the hire.

I specifically asked for a Coach built, even phoning JG explaining I would only take a Coach built, and guess what, when we had filled out all the forms (all electronic on iPad) paid the balance, then taken out to the vehicle it was a 6 birth high top. However after a long discussion with the Manager they offered me a Coach built which was currently being valeted having come of hire the day before.

The vehicles are in tip top condition spic and span, full of fuel and gas when you collect, and that is how you should return it, otherwise you will get charged for just about everything. we spent half a day cleaning the vehicle before we took it back, actually received excellent feedback on the condition. Very professional hand over when you collect, not rushed very knowledgeable staff, and nice clean modern facilities. Not sure when you're looking to hire but they where very competitive for March 2018, including the full damage waiver I think it was less than £1200 for 3 weeks hire.

Upvote 0

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If it's of any interest i am just starting a motorhome rental business with my son, we bought our first van on Friday (2006 Compass Avant Garde 130). We have some work to do with upgrades to it (solar, refillable gas, air assist and weight upgrade to 3500kgs, mobile internet and smart tv) but we hope to have it ready for hire by the end of february. Feel free to call us with your requirements 01952 587702 telford.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Very good company to deal with, we bought our first MH of them, if you buy a vehicle of them you could go on your hols straightaway everything is included in the price ours even came with gas low installed, all your cutlery, pots, pans can’t think of anything that wasn’t included that you would need.

Upvote 0

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Hired from just go a few years ago as a taster for getting a MH.
Found they were professional and the van was as expected.
The van I used was well equipt and the hiring procedure went well, leaving our car while we rented the van.
They do their own maintenance and have a workshop so the Van's should be in perfect condition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
They are a busy company, our friends went to collect their rental moho one Friday last June. Unfortunately dozens of other folk were also collecting at the same time resulting in long delays, they were hoping to get back home, load up and away in the afternoon, but it was not to be. By the time the handover guy got to them and explained how everything works a good few hours had slipped away, they expressed their disappointment, pointing out that had lost the best part of the day, didn’t get them anywhere though.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back