Janine Wiedel, photographer in a campervan (2 Viewers)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
A good article in the Guardian for those interested in photography. She documented heavy industry in Birmingham, as well as many other different projects. And she lived in a VW camper with all her photo gear and developing lab.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
very interesting, thank you..
so many industries and pastimes disappearing that need to be recorded..
must look up some of her other photography projects too..

Nov 1, 2019
manchester
Funster No
MH
2018 Rollerteam t590
Exp
9 mnths
A good article in the Guardian for those interested in photography. She documented heavy industry in Birmingham, as well as many other different projects. And she lived in a VW camper with all her photo gear and developing lab.
Fascinating article, will be getting the book. Thanks for posting I probably would have missed this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Amazing!
I went to work in the late 80’s in Airflow Streamlines altho it was modern manufacturing the Presses etc made a hell of a noise, luckily I didn’t have to work in there, I was put in the Steel shop as an Inspector, had to check the steel that came in and the work the lads were doing, that was bad enough, cold, smelly, noisy and dangerous!

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Times have moved quickly. I once went through Ebbw Vale steel works (1970) through the rolling mills with my mate 16 (worked in works social club as a gardener, me 15). one hell of an experiance noise, rain (inside) heat and didnt get too close to blast furnace,Lorries running around with next to no brakes on greasy floors. No way was i working there, education and electronics for me. I meet some guys who knew my stepfather and told me his nickname " Strangler". unfortunately i already knew why.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back