Ive gone over to the dark side (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Ive just bought an old caravan off ebay,ive missed my camping so much,weve had 4 motorhomes in the past and a hymer caravan,however,i look after my 92 year old mum(dementia copd and palliative care )i didnt want to spend lots of money on a motorhome that wouldnt be used so often,or a flash caravan (as lovely as they are) as it might not get used as much as id like,
but i saw this old caravan for sale in the highlands £2,250 and bought it, (impulsively) ,trying to get a tow bar fitted on the van is a nightmare ,they are all so busy, its an eight hour drive up to acharacle, BUT just the thought of getting out and about ,even if its just in a field with no phone signal,has put a real spring in my step! Ive even joined the 2 big clubs again, for the ths and cls ill always come on this forum,i think its great, cos one day i might /will have another motorhome, till then ill be happy with the little old caravan 🤗
ps if i can get towbar fitted in time i might be able to have a break in lovely scotland in my as yet unseen caravan… am giddy

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Just pop into Tams on the way and he will weld you one up in a jiffy!!!
Cheers James

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Not quite sure I understand, but if this is a kind of confesional thread where we all get to admit to some kind of disgraceful behaviour in the hope of exoneration, then l will admit to once eating pineapple on a pizza.

Only once, mind you, but the guilt and shame has laid heavy.

On reading that back I already feel so much better, and am sure that your confession of straying into the world of the tugger will also, hopefully, bring you a sense of relief.

I am sure you will find caravanning will open up a world of new opportunities and challenges. Sourcing a supply of Ford Cortinas to set light to wherever you camp will be a different challenge to having a Cadac to cook on outside, for example. Other things, such has using old fan belts as collars for your dogs should be easier however. Don't forget you will need at least 5 or 6 small, highly unwashed, children to run around outside barefoot, wearing only tee shirts and nothing else.

I wish you the best in your new venture and hope that your sale of lucky heather, clothes pegs and second hand domestic appliances with obfuscated serial numbers goes well.

At the end of the day we're all the same - we all just like getting stuck in muddy fields and having a laugh! :giggle:

Upvote 0

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Not quite sure I understand, but if this is a kind of confesional thread where we all get to admit to some kind of disgraceful behaviour in the hope of exoneration, then l will admit to once eating pineapple on a pizza.

Only once, mind you, but the guilt and shame has laid heavy.

On reading that back I already feel so much better, and am sure that your confession of straying into the world of the tugger will also, hopefully, bring you a sense of relief.

I am sure you will find caravanning will open up a world of new opportunities and challenges. Sourcing a supply of Ford Cortinas to set light to wherever you camp will be a different challenge to having a Cadac to cook on outside, for example. Other things, such has using old fan belts as collars for your dogs should be easier however. Don't forget you will need at least 5 or 6 small, highly unwashed, children to run around outside barefoot, wearing only tee shirts and nothing else.

I wish you the best in your new venture and hope that your sale of lucky heather, clothes pegs and second hand domestic appliances with obfuscated serial numbers goes well.

At the end of the day we're all the same - we all just like getting stuck in muddy fields and having a laugh! :giggle:
I enjoyed your post, but it brought back memories of 5 or 6 small, highly unwashed, children running around outside barefoot, wearing only tee shirts and nothing else. Reason being I was brought up on the Watling Council Estate in North London, and these were the kids next door...:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Thankyou all
luv it burgo 🤗
funnily enough i nearly bought an old tag axle carlight,(luv them) but decided against it(heavy for my transit)
but im digging out my chrome water churns to stand outside my door, and the old milk churn
make of that what you will,
actually it is a bit like confession ,or swapping football teams,
rooting thru all my old “stuff”from motorhomes in the past and debating whether to take the avtex telly, or just read play scrabble and listen to music, which will be bliss because i dont think it has any 12v sockets,
i think only lights ,and water pump are battery operated ;
never mind the lurcher, and ponies will keep me entertained

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Only need certification on post 1998 vehicles. Google 'DVLA towbars'.
Good luck and enjoy your camping, once on site not mich difference between a caravan and a motorhome, other than you csn leave it on site and visit small villages down narrow lanes in your car.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back