Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
We're currently at the aire at Benquerença in Portugal and it's really, really quiet.
There are usually many motorhomes transiting through the aire heading South for the winter.
There are normally many British, French, Dutch, German, Belgian, Norwegian, Swiss etc arriving here. But right now, there are only two Brit Van's including us.
I can't say that I miss the crowds because we pretty much have the aire to ourselves.
Anyone who's been here before will know how busy it can get.......... this is what it looks like now.......

20200924_151717.jpg

Last edited:

Ukeman

Free Member
Nov 23, 2018
Medway Delta
Funster No
MH
Pilote C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Lovely stop at Benquerenca and spent many a time there meeting other Motorhomers and the locals in the village. We have used it on the way south around this time of year and on the way back up in early spring.
Tried roasting an oven ready rabbit in that BBQ thingy in an open baking tin with foil covering and the poor little sod was cremated instead along with his carrots and onions.
Al

Bikevanhappy

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3yrs
We've just got back from two weeks in Germany. Its not 'hype' that put us off travelling to other destinations. It was not wanting to quarantine for two weeks when we got back. Still our loss is your gain, I wouldn't be missing the crowds either. Germany was very, very busy.

Have a fantastic holiday :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Very quiet in northern Spain, Atlantic side, only one night have we had company.(y)(y)

OP
OP
Vic. Parsons.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Two Portugese registered Motorhomes turned up yesterday for the weekend so that makes 4 now and it's starting to feel a bit crowded. 😜

I see you have got your normal spot.say hi to mom for us not sure if will get there this year.
Laurie.

Hi Laurie,
Sorry to hear you might not make it this year, with all the restrictions coming in everywhere at the moment, I reckon it will get trickier now to travel. Have a great time wherever you are. 👍
Mum says hi. 😁

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Hi Vic just reading your post on night charging.
Didn't want to post in that section as they might all take the pee.
You said you have a spare battery and panel. Could you use a small inverter off these with a smart charger over night?
No idea about what watts it would use not that technical minded.
Laurie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back