Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We are in McDonalds nr Bordeaux ::bigsmile: it was quite cool when we arrived half an hr ago.but I've just been to van to get address book,and it's scorching out there!!
Been in France 2 weeks now,spent 4 days on Isle de Noirmoutier and had intended having a look at Oleron yesterday,but weather was lousy so just pushed on South.
Heading for Green Spain and the Picos de Europa for couple of weeks before going into Portugal.
It's tough,but someone has to do it ::bigsmile:
Our trusty Mio sat Nav expired just as we reached Dover-found Halfords and bought a Garmin-well!! apart from the fact that the display looks like it was drawn for a childs comic book ::bigsmile: I really am impressed with it !!!
Had probs with T-mobile dongle-I was told that I would be able to buy their Euro Booster
1st time I logged on in France-that is correct,but I was given the impression I could pay for it at that time-it seems you need to pre-load your account,as I could find no way of paying for it because I couldn't access my account until i got online !! A vicious circle !
Right,banking done ,bills paid,time to hit road again ::bigsmile: Easy day today-catching up on e-mails,doing some shopping-topping up PLG before Spain.

Mike

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Glad your both having a great time get yourself a mcflurry to cool down:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i know you have sat nav but keep your eyes open for a cepsa map . look in the garages .its of spain and portugal. i got one two years ago .good for the little places that most maps dont show.cantarbria and asturia are my favourite places in spain. if you get time go along the coast of galicia again its incredible. we do the med then up through portugal coming home in spring absolutely fantastic. have a good trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We live in Calpe on the Costa Blanca and its still very hot here, 32 degrees today in the shade with no sign of a let up. I've just tried to affix the ITV (MOT) sticker to the motorhome windscreen - it passed the test last week - but the windscreen is so hot I can't touch it!:Smile:
enjoy you trip into Spain, which parts are you going to?
Wander

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
don't you just hate these people who think 15C is not hot enough, pass another icecream and a gallon of ice cool lager and lime please.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
glad you are finding your way ok Mike have fun. (ps got some elderberry wine on the go for next year.)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
its not so hot heere

We are in Salbris just south of Orleans and it is overcast and only 19c.

Can you send the sun up from Bordeaux please.

Lunarman

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Now in Spain

Came over the Col de Portelet this morn ::bigsmile: and are now on a little campsite nr Biescas about 20k inside Spain.
New Garmin is in disgrace ! it put me in a Bus Lane in Pau ::bigsmile: Dunno why the bus driver behind wasted his energy hooting-there was nothing I could do till end of bus lane !!
Big thunderstorm last night whilst we were on Aire at Laruns-lovely little Pyranean town.
Very hot here and I can hear rumblings of thunder in mountains behind us-off for a beer now. And to plan next stage of trip this eve.

Mike.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellllllllllllllll
We are at the Suffolk thrash as organised by Bob and Jane, and the temp is currently 27 C :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back