It might be worth checking if you have real sheep skin seat covers fitted. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ideally I guess, you would need 4 sensors, the fourth for monitoring inside the van itself,

Nope, no need for a 4th as the lower section of the monitor display is the inside or where the master unit is.
On my display, I have it set to scroll the sensors which are displayed in the upper section.

1606163562951.png

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Our van is in dry indoors storage and I've just checked and they are damp. They also taste salty.

We bought them in Poland 30 months ago but the van has been almost in constant use since then ( well until a few months ago)
Thankfully no damage to the " leather" upholstery.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Our “outside” sensor is in the EHU/Battery locker.
It used to be on the rear of the chassis but decided the locker was a good compromise for our use.
Fwiw ours is out of stock here

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Ideally I guess, you would need 4 sensors, the fourth for monitoring inside the van itself, but our CO detector does that, not that I ever look at it.
As Two on Tour adds later, the indoor unit is the internal sensor, then you add external sneakers. Typical, up to 3 of those.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
As Two on Tour adds later, the indoor unit is the internal sensor, then you add external sneakers. Typical, up to 3 of those.
Yes I discovered that when the Thermo Pro units arrived, so with the main display being the internal sensor also, it still left 3 channels to detect 3 additional sensors, which the main unit scrolls through.
I am currently using it during lock down with the main sensor in the house, one outside(under the van)& one inside the van. Unfortunately the signal is not strong enough from the sensor inside the van to penetrate the house walls to reach the main sensor,(still working out best position placement) but will be OK when its placed inside the van.

I do recommend these units, but If buying again, I would seek a main unit with a digital clock also, as the Thermo Pro doesn't have this facility, some others do.
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back