Rally Chat Isle of Wight Meet 2023 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
We would be interested too but have I dreamt something about a emission zone before you get to the ferry?

I don’t think asking about Portsmouths Clean Air Zone is showing negativism towards the Op but here’s a link for information, hopefully it won’t apply to many Funsters.
You just put in you're registration number on the website and it will check it immediately,took me seconds last night,we were absolutely fine

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you, as I’m not from the area I didn’t know, just that like Bath and Bristol I thought Portsmouth had an CAZ. Glad it won’t affect the ferry crossing.

Wondered how long it would take someone to put a downer on such a good idea and commitment by fellow Funsters to raise such a point.!
We live 8 miles from Bath, but it was only because lunarman John mentioned to us about the CAZ, and we checked it out that we didn’t get a fine for taking our van in for its MOT!

It’s not putting a downer on anything, it’s about giving people the chance to check out the information and being prepared. 👍

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
Ive just received this email from the Waverley Park.
It's proving trickier than I thought?
It's going to be difficult I feel to book large numbers as it looks like they're booking up fast.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your enquiry.

As I said in my earlier email - we have 26 full service pitches on our site and they are all subject to availability.
For the week commencing 26th June, we now have just 7 pitches left.
We take bookings on a daily basis as well as online bookings, so June is now looking fairly busy. As you can imagine, availability changes on an ongoing basis, so ideally we would require specific numbers, specific dates and provisional bookings put in place to secure a larger group booking for you.
We have a number of large groups who book over a year in advance, so you may find this helpful. We do not offer discounts for large group bookings.

All of our prices can be found on our website.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Kimberley
Waverley Park

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
It's going to be difficult I feel to book large numbers as it looks like they're booking up fast.

Hi Kim,

As I said in my earlier email - we have 26 full service pitches on our site and they are all subject to availability.
We take bookings on a daily basis as well as online bookings, so June is now looking fairly busy. As you can imagine, availability changes on an ongoing basis, so ideally we would require specific numbers, specific dates and provisional bookings put in place to secure a larger group booking for you.
We have a number of large groups who book over a year in advance, so you may find this helpful. We do not offer discounts for large group bookings.

Best wishes

Kimberley
Waverley Park
Thank you for trying, does seem a popular site.
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
I received an email from the Orchards Holiday Park this morning.
They can get a good trade rate price with Red Funnel subject to availability.
When you book they will add the ferry on.
They will have next year's ferry prices from Nov/Dec time.
Sounds more promising doesn't it?

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Is Wightlink a better option for that location? Tesco club card & CMC discounts etc.

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
Is Wightlink a better option for that location? Tesco club card & CMC discounts etc.
Dependent on what membership people have I suppose.
Not everyone is a member of camping and caravan.
We are as we're Islanders and it's half the normal price to get off the island.
Food for thought
It's a nice camp site,we've stayed there.Its in Newbridge near Yarmouth.

Sep 19, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
I live on the Isle of Wight and have been thinking about organising a meet over here next June 2023.
Potentially looking at Waverley Park in East Cowes
They can accommodate up to 26 motorhomes on their half grass and half hardstanding fully serviced pitches.
They can offer special ferry deals for 3,5,and 10 nights.
Would any of you be interested?
Looking at around 26th June.
Get it all priced up and organised

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The 10 day deal is with Red funnel from Southampton. No problems with any emissions at all. We went last year to Appledurcombe, very nice area. IOW is a peaceful place.. Bus routes are easy and frequent.
Phil

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The 10 day deal is with Red funnel from Southampton. No problems with any emissions at all. We went last year to Appledurcombe, very nice area. IOW is a peaceful place.. Bus routes are easy and frequent.
Phil

They are advertising in the CCC magazine, a 10day break with ferry and EHU at all year venue in East Cowes, for £263.
If we all arrive together, we might get pitched together? :unsure: :giggle:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
They are advertising in the CCC magazine, a 10day break with ferry and EHU at all year venue in East Cowes, for £263.
We did this 10 day deal at Appuldurcombe this June and very nice it was too. Shanklin, Ventnor, and Ryde all easy bus routes from the campsite. As for doing it again this year I would probably do a different campsite for a change.
Phil

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Highlands end Jurassic meet works very well without us all being pitched together. In fact I think it is better for that as we are not in each others pockets all the time and is much more relaxing. After all, a campsite is not that big anyway

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Highlands end Jurassic meet works very well without us all being pitched together. In fact I think it is better for that as we are not in each others pockets all the time and is much more relaxing. After all, a campsite is not that big anyway

I suppose that's true, if you were not pitch near us, it might be better? :rofl:
What you say maybe true but even at Highlands last year, Riverbankannie's get together was special! :unsure:

Last edited:

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs

Hi Kim,

Best wishes

Kimberley
Waverley Park
I have a few sites. It depends on facilities needed/required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back