Isle of Man Steam Packet TT 2020 bookings (1 Viewer)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I have just received an email from the Isle of Man Steam Packet regarding options for my TT 2020 sailings

The 3 options were:

• Keep current booking​
  • Transfer booking to next years TT​
  • Get a full refund​

All booked for 2021 - only 396 days to go?

And on the bright side, I won't have the hassle of booking on the 25th May 2020 for my May 2021 sailings!

Plus, no fare increase (every cloud etc.)

OP
OP
Nasher

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
A simple question how much are motorhome fares on Isle of Man ferry

It varies greatly dependent on size and times of travel

As a guide for my moho at 5.5m & driver its about £210 off peak and £450 at TT / Classic TT time (return)

Allow an extra 100 for peak sailing for passenger and about the same for a bigger van - all cheaper off peak of course

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
We normally cross mid May and return September. 8.5m motorhome £410.00
Normally book in December. The terms and conditions state. It has to be paid in full at time of booking and no refunds. However given the current situation they gave me a full refund, no quibbles.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
jockaneezer thanks, can't really add much more to Nasher post it is expensive no argument there, but we love where we live so pay the price for an Island of low crime and relative peace and tranquility so there you go Madcaravanner if you need more info just PM me.
Steve (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'm sure that if you stay more than 14 days, a cheaper 'stay as long as you like ticket' kicks in.

Manx 2018 cost up just over £320 for 16 days. Worth every penny, it's such a beautiful island even without the motorbikes

OP
OP
Nasher

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
jockaneezer thanks, can't really add much more to Nasher post it is expensive no argument there, but we love where we live so pay the price for an Island of low crime and relative peace and tranquility so there you go Madcaravanner if you need more info just PM me.
Steve (y)

As regular visitor to the Isle of Man, I often hear people saying the Steam Packet is expensive - it's not!

Generally people compare an off season, out of hours (i.e cheap) Dover-Calais crossing with a peak time (TT races) Liverpool/Heysham-Douglas. Unsurprisingly, there's a big difference!

A couple of years ago, when down with man flu, just for fun, I checked ferry prices for my motorhome

I looked at off peak returns for my motorhome - £105 for France £215 for isle of man

For peak times: £205 for France £415 for Isle of Man
Now given that the Isle of Man is over 3 times the distance - it's actually cheaper per mile than Dover-Calais!

The Isle of Man offers the greatest road racing in the World for FREE, friendly locals, no speed limit outside of towns, etc (I could go on, but some would say I already have) so It's worth every penny🙂

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We normally cross mid May and return September. 8.5m motorhome £410.00
Normally book in December. The terms and conditions state. It has to be paid in full at time of booking and no refunds. However given the current situation they gave me a full refund, no quibbles.

Please tell Jan that Ramsey Craft Centre has re-opened this week. I think they may struggle without Jan's annual custom. ;) ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back