I'm a Tour Guide Island hopping to toe of Italy. (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
1st time we ever got stuck. Had to Reverse down steep single track rd round hairpin bends on the toe of Italy today.

Screenshot_2023-10-17-17-58-56-75_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Sat nav. It was even set on truck. Tom tom is dodgy sometimes, but makes it interesting. No road signs either to warn you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
This is my 3rd attempt at a comment :) I replied and then I thought I had watched a completely different video. I don’t think you mention the hairpin but maybe that’s upcoming. I really enjoyed your trip down through France though. We stayed near Lac Du Der many years ago. Some interesting WW1 battle sites near there. The place you stayed down the unpaved road near the river looked really fab

Last edited:
OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
This is my 3rd attempt at a comment :) I replied and then I thought I had watched a completely different video. I don’t think you mention the hairpin but maybe that’s upcoming. I really enjoyed your trip down through France though. We stayed near Lac Du Der many years ago. Some interesting WW1 battle sites near there. The place you stayed down the unpaved road near the river looked really fab
Yes the hair pin will becoming in a couple of weeks, that was in southern Italy. Glad you are liking. We saw a few of the ww1 stuff verdon battle field and drove down the famous military supply rd ( so famous I have forgotten its name) and then down the Napoleon rd. But it's not our stuff, if it is then yes there is loads of stuff.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
The 2nd vid of our tour is now up ( south east France to Toulon). Hope you enjoy, subscribe and likes are always 🤗 welcome.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Didn't mention. At the end of each video we show you the route and places we stopped, if anyone is interested in that bit. Next video up on Sunday a trip round Corsica, great scenery and park ups.

Oct 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
I’ve subscribed. You are living the dream

Oct 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
We watched it. Looking forward to Sardinia :giggle:

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I island hopped to toe of Italy in my boat - but never thought of telling anyone, or making money from it.
We are not even thinking of making money out of it. It's mainly for when we are in a old folks home with our dementia, so when the kids come to visit they can just put a video on and so they won't feel guilty when there is nothing to say. Use

Oct 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
I certainly wouldn't have imagined making money was your plan...unless a few pence from YouTube made a difference

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I certainly wouldn't have imagined making money was your plan...unless a few pence from YouTube made a difference
Don't even know how to make money on you tube.🙂

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Hi next vid is up, mount Etna. Sorry about the volume with this one.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I've just watched your latest video (I have been watching them all)

Attempted scam, stuck up a mountain rd, Italy South, is it worth it ?​

It brought back memories of our trip this year, we toured Italy from top to toe in the summer (it was too hot in June & July), we also had problems with some of the smaller roads but I was interested to see you went to some of the same places as us, Matera, amazing wasn't it? Alberobello loved the tulli houses but agree it's very touristy, and then your video finishes with you staying on the Di Vito olive farm, we stayed there too and also got the cup of coffee from the lovely lady of the house. This is us parked up in the olive grove. I am looking forward to your next instalment to see where else you went.

P1100008 v2.jpg

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I've just watched your latest video (I have been watching them all)

Attempted scam, stuck up a mountain rd, Italy South, is it worth it ?​

It brought back memories of our trip this year, we toured Italy from top to toe in the summer (it was too hot in June & July), we also had problems with some of the smaller roads but I was interested to see you went to some of the same places as us, Matera, amazing wasn't it? Alberobello loved the tulli houses but agree it's very touristy, and then your video finishes with you staying on the Di Vito olive farm, we stayed there too and also got the cup of coffee from the lovely lady of the house. This is us parked up in the olive grove. I am looking forward to your next instalment to see where else you went.

View attachment 843476
I will give you a hint. There is a lot of red in some of it with a twist of a sort of volcano.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I will give you a hint. There is a lot of red in some of it with a twist of a sort of volcano.
Oh and she spent a fortune in the shop. It was not a cheap stop over. Did you see the olives being crushed, it was very interesting with very nice owners.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Oh and she spent a fortune in the shop. It was not a cheap stop over. Did you see the olives being crushed, it was very interesting with very nice owners.
We spent a fair bit in the shop too but at least you get something for your money for the stop over.

They were lovely owners. We were too early in the season to see the olives being crushed but I am sure that would have been really interesting to see.

My husband thinks you are going to Saturnia in your next video?

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Are we ? The anticipation, can you cope.

We got a bit spooked in the south, so did a fairly long drive for next week's episode.

The incident with the scam attempt upset and unnerved us a bit, along with the litter, and some of the back rds we got stuck on. People in general were very nice, but I think doing 3 months on the Greece trip and another 2 months on this just started to get to me a little, I was tired trying to sort out the next day/ trip.

Any how now planning next yr, northern Spain, Portugal down to Gib, back through central Spain and over the Pyrenees, I think.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We noticed lots of litter and we too had some interesting experiences on the roads, we found southern Italy more expensive than the north, it used to be the other way round apparently.

I have noticed you getting a bit tetchy in the videos :giggler: It's a long time to be away and to be planning stops all the time, I totally understand.

We are off to Spain in January for 2 months, hoping to also do Portugal & Gibraltar and find some warmer weather than the UK at that time of year 🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back