Is it possible to download videos onto laptop to watch abroad? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
As title really.

We have Amazon Prime and Netflix but for reasons unknown we've never really used them fully. What we'd like to do is download videos onto a laptop to take with us whilst we're away. I 'think' its possible, certainly you can download onto a phone or ipad it would seem.

We thought we'd cracked it with the Amazon Fire tv as it says it has its own internet connection but, having visited pc World yesterday, it appears it doesn't... totally confused now!

Can anyone offer advice please?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Amazon prime will allow you to download a limited number of films to your mobile device
This is what we use when we’re away

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Most services offer some kind of facility to make content available for viewing offline.

As Robert says this is generally limited and by no means applies to all content

Amazon doesn't permit viewing offline on a laptop as far as I'm aware. Only mobile devices are supported. If you have a MacBook there is a way around this as you can fool websites into thinking it's an iPad as long as you use Safari. If you're using Windows I can't help.

Netflix does support offline viewing on laptop or desktop computers but not via the website. You will need to download an app and use that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
BBC iPlayer slows you to download programmes to watch for a limited period. Most are for 30 days I think.
I have just tried this for the first time and dowloaded a test programme to my MacBook Pro and also to my iPad via the iPlayer App.

Richard.

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
You can use software to rip your own dvds/blu rays to a hard drive so that way you can take a collection of movie's with you? Also some films come with a digital download code allowing you to download that movie to a hard drive.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I’ve downloaded about 500 dvds from my film library onto a harddrive this is attached to the USB port permanently on the back of my TV, when we wish to watch a Film it’s a simple matter of sececting Media on the remote and scrolling through the Film lists.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Amazon prime will allow you to download a limited number of films to your mobile device
This is what we use when we’re away

What mobile device do you use?

Sorry but I understand next to nothing about this... we don’t watch films at home and have never really got to grips with the system.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What mobile device do you use?

Sorry but I understand next to nothing about this... we don’t watch films at home and have never really got to grips with the system.
We download Amazon films to an iPhone (iPad works just as well) then watch them on TV by connecting to the hdmi socket
Hope this helps

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I’ve downloaded about 500 dvds from my film library onto a harddrive this is attached to the USB port permanently on the back of my TV, when we wish to watch a Film it’s a simple matter of sececting Media on the remote and scrolling through the Film lists.

Where did your film library originate from? Is it on your home smart tv, was it from dvd’s or from Netflix? Did you plug your hard drive into your home tv and download from there?

Sorry, I’m a complete numpty when it comes to this sort of thing! I could do with an idiot’s guide :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back