Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone
I’ve got some insurance quotes “which made me sit down” and I can get it a lot cheaper if there is a tracker fitted. So my question is what is the best tracker to get and quickest to get fitted.

I realize that most MH fitting services are swamped with work at this time of year so getting it done quickly might be a big problem.

Is there one you can fit yourself which would be accepted by the insurance company or not.

Best Wishes Tony

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
There are still several insurance companies out there that don't require a tracker. My van was first registered in 2014 at over £80,000 and no tracker fitted to this day. You may have a more valuable van though.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
My van was first registered in 2014 at over £80,000 and no tracker fitted to this day. You may have a more valuable van though.
No I'm not that rich LOL; But it really surprises me the wide differences in insurance with all the same details.
Best Wishes Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I would seriously weigh up the cost of tracker v insurance discount.

A friend of mine had his very nice motorhome stolen off his driveway last week. The thieves accessed and drove it away without the keys, found the tracker and threw it out of the window a couple of miles down the road along with the number plates. :-(

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
The thieves accessed and drove it away without the keys, found the tracker and threw it out of the window a couple of miles down the road along with the number plates. :-(
WOW it's a bit frightening the thought of that but at least the insurance will I assume pay out as he had a tracker fitted.
Best Wishes Tony

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We've got the Phantom alarm/tracker fitted. They have a mobile fitting service I believe. Google Phantom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everon Just to let you know that I have got insurance through a broker called Perfomance Direct they have got my insurance down drastically and they provide a tracker also; so problem solved,
It's probably not as good at the tracker Eddie vanbitz supplies but at least it gets me fully insured quickly; some insurers would not even give me a price.
Best Wishes Tony

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
WOW it's a bit frightening the thought of that but at least the insurance will I assume pay out as he had a tracker fitted.
Best Wishes Tony
But for balance an extract of an email in this morning

Please can you disable my account and also update any records to show I no longer own this campervan, I do not personally know the details of the new owner due to it being sold via the broker. I passed on many emails with instructions, gave spare fobs and told the dealer where the hidden override keys were etc so hopefully that was explained to the new owner.

There was a bit of drama as the van was immediately stolen, but thanks to the Van Bitz Shadow tracker working and not being found by the thief or disabled the campervan has been recovered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back