Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
No not the MH ,but in Novemeber I noted that the little bike needed to have the insurance renewed, due on the 1st of December. and having not heard from the agents Bennetts I thought I would look online and saw a good price for comprehensive at £83 so I tok it and paid, Devitt , I heard nothing other than a confirmation email. In early December I had a pack of details and a policy sent through and thought nothing more about it. Today I received another email from Devitts cancelling my new policy for failing to send NCB details.
I thought that is peculiar so I went through all my emails wondering why they wanted it. I had a renewal from Zenith insurance who are the actual insurance company and thought that they have already had the details and the new policy is also Zenith.
I turns out that I have renewed at bennetts as well, by failing to tell them I had not wanted to renew with them, but I had had no correspondence from them. In the meantime Devitt have started the cancellation which puts me on the list of Refused/ cancelled or otherwise removed clients on the MIB list which will have the effect of making me a non insureable person on the blacklist.
It required me to cancel either or both policies paying a cancellation fee of £50 for them and losing my premiums except for the refund
for the year I haven't used £23.
It turns out that Bennetts sent me the renewal notice and automatically renewed using my previous. But I had declined the new premium of £155 but they had gone ahead at £83 which was the old premium. I have two policies now if I send the Devitt the NCB notice .
I am totally confused as I cannot have two on one vehicle as it is fraudulent to do so , and if I cancel either policy I get caught for unused cover and a cancelling fee of £50 each. I am wondering what to do now. The auto renewing is good for keeping you legal , but only if you KNOW they are actually doing it.
Do I accept the LARGE charges from either company? Or do I keep moaning about the Bennetts cockup and get them to cancel that one, the danger is the Blacklist from either company, I spent the afternoon on the phone, to both trying to sort it out, This all happens on the 15th one day after the cooling off date for both of them. I feel a bit agrieved about it. But I have had a lot of vehicle insurances taxes and MOT to fiddle with over the last month, and my memory is not as good as it wa once.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Devitt caught me earlier this year - usual no claims or cancellation.

Barely honest in their business trading.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back