Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Getting Lilly ready for "Le Grand depart" tomorrow heading north for Blighty and 'er indoors is checking out the new pots n pans, "got to swap these for the other in the house" says she "I've got mi new induction thing and I am wanting to use it on the sites and save the gas" I'm told. So clever me gets a magnet that's just hanging around in the van sticks it to the bottom of the pan as tells 'er "don't have to swap, these'll do"says I.

The usual too ing and fro ing ensues "are you sure"? " 'corse I am" I says "thems magnetic and magnetic works on induction" ... "oh Ok then, IF you're sure" ... " 'corse I'm sure, common sense daft bat" ..... (didn't ACTUALLY say the last two words, I'm daft ..... not bloody stupid)

She looks at me, THAT look, not a hard look, just the look ... before I knew what hit me I'm thinking ... will they work? ... "sod it" I said take 'em indoors and check 'em out .... " no ... no .. I BELIEVE you, if you say they'll work then they'll work" How the soddin hell do they do it, I KNOW they WILL work, but, still I dare not take the chance and have to take them indoors and check 'em out. PILLOCK ... didn't actually say that either.

So we are now indoors with an empty pan and the induction plate ready to go and shes going to put water in the pan to warm it up, "you are daft" I said (did too) "don't need to put water in, put the empty pan on the induction turn it on and it'll warm up the pan" I instructed my "darling" wife. "it'll not work without water in" she tells me, I smile, the smile, you know, the one that says "I know what I'm talking about little lady, listen to me ... you'll learn summat" it is at this point I'll tell you, married to her 35 years and STILL I don't know any better than to anger the wild beast within wives.

So, she puts the empty pan on the ring and turns it on and it works, smug grin now spreading all over my face, "watch closely whilst I lift the pan off the ring and it will turn off ... cos it WORKS exactly like I said it would and it's warmed the base of the pan" .... only been turned on a few seconds I swear ... my smug grin knew no bounds as it spread around my mug, I lifted the pan and planted my right hand on the bottom of the pan.

Funny really, the huge grin on my face snapped back like an elastic band, I actually heard it twang I'm sure, I looked at my wife, I glanced at the pan in my left hand with my right hand planted firmly against the base .... and I ....... SQUEALED LIKE A PIG !!!

Pan went across the kitchen, I ran to the sink to turn on the cold water ... 'er indoors, thought she was going to wee herself.

APPARENTLY ...... I AM DAFT AND STUPID.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back