Indicators on Fiat Ducato 2.2TDI (1 Viewer)

Colin Raine

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Scout Fiat Duc
Exp
Hazards work fine but indicators have stopped working. I recently removed the rear lenses for cleaning. Direction indicators worked fine before. Any suggestions please.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the hazards are working, light units and wiring should be OK so probably a faulty relay or stalk switch, worse case could be an oddball CANBUS problem but more likely a relay.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If they work as hazards then there is no fault in the lights or their wiring as far as the dashboard. A first check could be the wiring plugs that connect to the column switch. I assume the Ignition switch was On when you tested them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Same thing happened on my Renault, I had to replace the stalk unit. I got a second hand one from a breakers yard.

OP
OP
C

Colin Raine

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for replies. I will start with the relay I think. Any help with where to find it would be appreciated.

OP
OP
C

Colin Raine

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Exp
Took a look at the relays under the glove compartment and found a large blue relay which stopped the hazards when I removed it. Do you think this may also control the indicators as well and being faulty. The other seven relays are all the same and obviously control different things. I have tried the heater fan relay which I know works in all the other positions and indicators do not work. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am beginning to lose sleep over this problem. Cannot afford to take it to an auto electrician who might hit me with a huge bill.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
It really does look like the stalk switch is the problem. The flasher relay works both the indicator and hazards and you have proved that is ok.
Breakers yard or eBay to get one cheap?
Remember it will be the same as lots of Fiat vans so should be easy to get

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I got a stalk unit from a Renault Scenic for my Master van, straight swap and the indicators worked fine, couple of weeks later I went to pip the horn as I went past a friend only to find the Scenic stalk doesn't work the horn (n) oh dear, back to the breakers. :LOL:

OP
OP
C

Colin Raine

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for your help. I will take a look at the stalk this week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back