LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Doesn’t sound good when you put it like that but the reality is quite different, waste products go into a sealed tank with charcoal filter on the vent and then a pipe sends it straights into the sewer system, just like home really😏

EDIT I should added, if you are really posh you just drive over and line up with your “dump camera” then push the button to open the valve, no need to even get out and discuss the finer points of -/———,

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I find generally one meets and chats to a better class of person whilst visiting albeit very occasionally, black tank evacuation station.

More riff raff types at a 'Elsan' dump
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh. Not sure about that.

Just an opportunity for more sh1te to get splurged!

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
This is an interesting thread, clearly there are some misconceptions with emptying black tanks. If I may. What comes out of any black of mine is liquid only. This is the same organic compound found in septic tanks, It is almost odour free. The grey is then used to rinse flush the pipe, The grey is the smell not the black.
The point all of this on average it’s once a fortnight to empty, So far less risk to one’s health verse the walk of shame every other day. With a chocolate box in there hands.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
On our camper we only have 205l black tank, so I’ll bow out of this Willy waving competition 👍🏻

But on the subject I have noticed many many people carrying a little plastic pot, which they slide out the side of their van and all walk (at different times admittedly) to the toilet block, faff about, then, traipse back to their van and slide the little plastic pot back into the side of the van.

Any ideas?
Closet Caravanners 🤔🤬😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Do they not just park over a gutter drain in a street in the centre of town, open the valve and head off for a coffee and bun whilst it's doing so? What's the problem?

Not MH waste but similarly related.

I was at a harbour cafe in Greece. Honeywagon pulled up, stuck a pipe in sewer. I assumed some sort of blockage needed clearing. Then I realised truck engine was stopped, so no pumping out. Then I noticed driver going to edge of quay to check that truck was emptying via sewer into harbour OK.

That island has since installed a sewage system and treatment plant.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not MH waste but similarly related.

I was at a harbour cafe in Greece. Honeywagon pulled up, stuck a pipe in sewer. I assumed some sort of blockage needed clearing. Then I realised truck engine was stopped, so no pumping out. Then I noticed driver going to edge of quay to check that truck was emptying via sewer into harbour OK.

That island has since installed a sewage system and treatment plant.
A bit of a different slant on coffee and cake!:Eeek:

Mar 28, 2021
Central Belt, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 4
Exp
Since 2022
The other day at an aire in Spain I witnessed a medium sized A-class with a D on the back dump it’s black and grey waste from beneath its rear end into a grate which I had until then believed was only for grey waste, there being a black waste point just to the side. Is this the intended purpose of these grates? If so I’ll be more circumspect where I put my feet in future.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
The other day at an aire in Spain I witnessed a medium sized A-class with a D on the back dump it’s black and grey waste from beneath its rear end into a grate which I had until then believed was only for grey waste, there being a black waste point just to the side. Is this the intended purpose of these grates? If so I’ll be more circumspect where I put my feet in future.
Have found that in Europe the drive over.grates are for black and grey, it will normally say if no black dump.

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
Since 1991 legislation in EU waste water is exactly that All waste water no matter the colour, So it must All go of to a treatment plant for processing !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We became blacktank owners just under 4 years ago, we find we can easily do 10 days but if an easy opportunity comes up after 7 we will use it. The only place we struggled was Montenegro but otherwise always find a proper place to dump it when we need to, a surprising number of the flot bleu s are low enough to put the pipe in. I never dump without the pipe and usually make less mess than the people with only grey.

It also dumps pretty fast. The marina aire at Gibraltar usually has a queue which we had been in for a good half hour, some of the casette carriers were jumping the queue, ok no problem with that, but when I was ready I asked them to wait 2 minutes, one of them kept on bending down getting his cassette ready, I asked him twice, no answer so I pulled the handle, then he moved :LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sounds correct to me, black first then grey and you shouldn’t know they had been there, ultimately much better for the downstream treatment plant as black tank users don’t flush wet wipes and the likes (not macerating systems anyway).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back