Importing motorhome paperwork (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
We will be returning to live in the UK from Spain early next year,(due to personal reasons) have looked at the Gov website etc, i`m fine with the manual side of things, i have a set of UK headlights to fit, and swap position of the rear fog light, its originally a UK model so right hand drive, has anyone done the paperwork themselves or recommend a company that could sort the paperwork?

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
I've only imported LHD. I'd expect it will be a whole lot easier importing a RHD especially if it came from UK in the first instance. The main issues surrounding importing LHD are usually around CoC, headlights, speedo and reversing light. Have you got any old paperwork, V5 possibly? Was it registered in UK?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We did our own import back in 2018 and found it to be fairly straight forward but that was a new LHD van the hardest bit for us was getting it insured prior to registration which we never did and used export plates with third party insurance (which you won’t need presumably already insured?)😊
wish you to have good luck in doing it.😊👍🤞🤞🤞

Upvote 0
Aug 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
I used mycarimport for a new LHD motorhome. They were great and reasonable costs. Would not have been able to do it without them as process keeps changing due to bloody Brexit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I think it's easier into the UK, probably the only thing that's different is they might charge import tax, but then it might be like Spain and you fetch it back as personal belongings. 😎 Bob.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fairly straight forward with RHD you don't need to get an IVA from the VCA, being personal possession no VAT to pay, but you still have to inform HMRC and get a NOVA reference.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
I've only imported LHD. I'd expect it will be a whole lot easier importing a RHD especially if it came from UK in the first instance. The main issues surrounding importing LHD are usually around CoC, headlights, speedo and reversing light. Have you got any old paperwork, V5 possibly? Was it registered in UK?
No V5 but originally from UK

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
Fairly straight forward with RHD you don't need to get an IVA from the VCA, being personal possession no VAT to pay, but you still have to inform HMRC and get a NOVA reference.
Yes, owned for more than 6 months so can import With no fees as personal property, it's just all the paperwork to sort,

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
I think it's easier into the UK, probably the only thing that's different is they might charge import tax, but then it might be like Spain and you fetch it back as personal belongings. 😎 Bob.
No fees as personal property

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
I used mycarimport for a new LHD motorhome. They were great and reasonable costs. Would not have been able to do it without them as process keeps changing due to bloody Brexit.
Thanks, are they based at Donnington?

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thank you, just awaiting a reply from them
I imported from Luxembourg and from US (M/c) in 2020 found the paperwork fairly straightforward, the difficult bit to deal with was the DVLA - where do I start - just terrible. However yours has a VIN that has already been on the system so should be more straightforward. I don't think you will need either a NOVA or an IVA, assuming you exported it orginally why would you?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rf9ridrer

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
I imported from Luxembourg and from US (M/c) in 2020 found the paperwork fairly straightforward, the difficult bit to deal with was the DVLA - where do I start - just terrible. However yours has a VIN that has already been on the system so should be more straightforward. I don't think you will need either a NOVA or an IVA, assuming you exported it orginally why would you?
Was hoping it would be more straightforward as originally a UK model, going to let the above company deal with it, i just need to MOT it and they do the rest.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back