Immobiliser Lockout? (1 Viewer)

mullbram

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
Hi, my daughters 2004 Ducato E425 Bessacar, 2.8 JTD

I think the immobiliser has stopped the engine from starting?

It's fitted with a Sigma AC110, can any one tell me if this is an after market system or a Fiat Factory Fit?

Bessacar says its Fiat Fit, Scorpion who owns Sigma wont say,

The Engine will turn over but will not Fire, the breakdown Chap says it is showing an Electronic Key Fault on his Diagnostics, but says there is no Fuel to the Pump.

Vehicle came with only one Key, so 3 weeks ago my Daughter had another Key Cut and Chipped by a Reputable Locksmiths in The City near where we live,

Drove the Vehicle Home and Parked it Up
Went out on Sunday to start it and it would not Fire up.

My theory and only a theory is she Drove it home with the Old Key in the ignition, no probs

When she tried to start it on Sunday using the New Key it did not like it and set the Immobilser?

It will not now start on any of the key
Have ordered emergency code via Fiat £18.00 and hope that it tells us wether it is the Keys/immobiliser.

At least it will diagnose that theory?

Any Help would be great.

Many thanks

Mullbram

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is a known issue with immobilisers of that age. any decent auto electrician can bypass it. the alarm is after market

OP
OP
M

mullbram

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
Thanks TheBig1, can you tell me where the lift pump would be located? have read so many times about listening to hear if it is coming on,(which i cant hear) so was wondering if i could actually listen where it is located while my daughter turns over the engine.

Also just read in the User Manual, that you cannot perform the emergency overide with the pin code on the Diesel engine, so why Fiat have charged me £18 for the code (which they still have not come back tome yet) i dont know?

Best Regards
Mullbram

Ps anyone know a Auto Electrician/ Alarm Engineer near Norwich who would come out?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mullbram

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
Hi, received the Keycode from Fiat, which is actually Used for the Emergency start up procedure as well as duplicate keys but dont want to work, as stated it says in the manual (wont work for Deisel Engines) but Heyho at least we have the Actual Keycode if Keys get lost.

Got a call from Fiat Italy this morning advising that they have received my request asking if the second fitted Alarm Immobiliser is a Bessacar Addition? and they will get back once they have Traced the Build.

Still cannot start the Van, Turn the Key the Alarm Siren fires off, press the key fob turn it off, Turn Key and it Turns over at full Pace but wont start,
Turn the Key off and to try to start it again, you have to go through same procedure, Is it the Sigma A11 Alarm Immobiliser or Faulty Pump.

Seems to me Immobilisor shutting off fuel? but i am an old retired Brickie so what do i know lol.

Can anyone please advise where the Low Pressure Diesel Pump is? is it actually in the Fuel Tank?

Any Help much appreciated, until i can be a bit more sure what it is, i am reluctant to call out Alarm?Vehicle Electrician or Mechannic as to the cost of each.

Very Best Regards
Mullbram

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i presume that you have checked that the receiver ring round the ignition lock has not slipped. and yes pump is in the tank

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
On the assumption (bad word and action) that all 2.8JTD's are the same, I can confirm that our 2005 front end 2.8JTD does not come with a siren. It has only an immobiliser.

I have posted on here before. We once had problems with the 'van when we had the car keys in our pocket. ??? It would have seemed that the car keys were talking to the Fiat and it (the Fiat) felt under threat and refused to start. Taking the car keys 'out of range' cured the problem. Just a suggestion.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
i thought immobilisers generally cut out at the ignition so it would not even turn over.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
On the OP's (and mine) the engine spins but there is an additional light comes on in the bottom left side of the speedo that shows an ignition. with a line through it

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
My Sigma immobiliser 'cuts off' the Fuel Pump and Starter Motor

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Several years back I saw a recovery vehicle taking a motorhome away from the Crystal Palace site. "Oh dear" I said to the Warden "that looks a bit of an unplanned end to a holiday". "Probably not" she replied "happens here occasionally, they usually start normally down the road when they are moved away from the tv transmitter". It seems that a few earlier immobilisers can be upset by strong radio signals. No idea if this is technically correct or relevant.

Apr 28, 2018
Dereham , Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca EK.
Exp
Since 1992
My sigma alarm stops the fuel pump and starter motor .The system is an after fit. The fuel pump is located in the tank under the cab floor. When yo press the button on the sigma fob(after turning on ignition)you can just hear the fuel pump running. If you can't hear it the pump is not running and you won't start. Some Sigma's are wired up so that the pump only is isolated. Hope this helps. I have had several Sigma's fitted over the years and would rate them highly.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Its not a standard Fiat alarm, they dont fit Sigma.
The older Non JTD version did have issues with the immobiliser the JTD did not. If the Fiat imobiliser is not recognising the key, a light will light on the dash while trying to start. I think it may be a picture of a key but cant 100% be sure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back