I'm absolutely useless (1 Viewer)

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
The drivers door speaker on our 2012 Bailey approach only works intermittently.
In my wisdom, I decided to pull the radio out and check the connections on the back.
Somehow I managed to blow the fuse which also controls the a/c.

I've tracked down the fuse and replaced it - the owners handbook is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Now the radio won't turn on.
I should've lived without the right speaker.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
On our 2017 van there’s a cover where
the OBDI socket is on the right hand side of the dash 2 screws and there’s a set of fuses, I blew the 10 amp recently when working on my radio.

John.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Would you need to enter the radio code ? I must say i am a total mechanical numpty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Keith E

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
On our 2017 van there’s a cover where
the OBDI socket is on the right hand side of the dash 2 screws and there’s a set of fuses, I blew the 10 amp recently when working on my radio.

John.

OP
OP
Keith E

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
That's the one.
Ive replaced that, twice.
Because I wasn't satisfied with blowing it once, I went back for second helping.

OP
OP
Keith E

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
Possibly, but not before i can turn it on.
Lol

OP
OP
Keith E

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
The moho is now at the stealer.
We got home yesterday and I refitted the radio, which I'd disconnected on Saturday, just in case.
When I reconnected it, it powered up but there was no sound from it, just a lot of smoke.
Obviously, the radio isn't covered under the two year warranty but they've agreed to have a look at it because we only bought it at the end of November and this was our first trip, other than Xmas day, when we parked it on our sons drive so that we could have a drink and not worry about finding a taxi.
I hope they have a good supply of smoke, because I wasn't able to catch that which came out so it's going to need a good refill.
I can buy a used radio from that famous online auction site for about 75 quid, but I need to know if it's the radio which is faulty or whether the vehicle wiring harness is the issue.

BTW, do any of you know if any oe radios with more features are available to fit?
There are new ones on ebay but it states they're for 2015 models onwards.
Mines a 2012 Boxer x250

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I hope they have a good supply of smoke, because I wasn't able to catch that which came out so it's going to need a good refill.

Yes, it's readily from most good car parts stockist.
I always kept a good supply in stock when I had my classic car restoration business.

P.S. If you do need a factory fit radio then PM me as I have one from our 2013 Peugeot Boxer.

lucas smoke.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keith E

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
I've just got the moho back from the stealer this morning, they've only had it a month.
They fitted a 2nd hand radio which needed decoding.
The onliest place they could find to do it is in Torquay, the dealer's in the North East.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back