if you are missing half a pig (sorry) (1 Viewer)

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
Sunday morning and got woken by George our gorgeous springer for his usual early morning wee, and we usually leave his long lead in the van but on this occasion it was outside so in my half asleep state I opened the door, Whoosh he is gone!!! so there I am walking around a very wet cold QUIET campsite on the south coast in nothing but a pair of pants !!! Whisper shouting to no avail, about 3 minutes pass and the wife appears in her dressing gown, (I have lost the bloody dog)!!!! After about 5 minutes who should appear, looking very pleased with himself and carrying a Very large rack of ribs!!! Took another 5 minutes to corner him and wrestle them out of his mouth. So if you where staying at a site on Sunday down on the south coast and you witnessed me running around in my pants, for that I am truly sorry!!!
And if you lost a Rack of ribs then all I can say is don't leave them out next time!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:sleep:

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Ah, another food stealing Springer. The list of things our's pilfered is endless and includes kiddies ice creams, just the right height, cornish pasties, had to jump bit for them and doughnuts. No rack of ribs though

His favourite was rifling through the rucksacks of unsuspecting walkers at lunch time when out on the hills. I will say though that just about every one laughed at his antics and were very understanding.

We lost him in Feb this year having been with us for nearly 15yrs, miss him badly, but it's the 'misbehaviour' and Springer type antics that made living with him so enjoyable and we look back fondly on all those moments

Of course butter wouldn't melt:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wonderful photo!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we had a collie, he was outside with me and when i was distracted shot down the road and had all the sandwhiches for a kids xmas school party .They were in a neighbours basket which she had put down on the pavement to strap the kids in she wasnt happy.
On another occasion i found him in the middle of a pinic blanket eating everything in sight while the nice asian ladies were doing there best to shoo him of without actually touching him, that dog knew how to pick a target.

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
My neighbours rabbit thought it was safe to come through a hole in the fence and hop around in the back garden while the dog was out for the morning pee.

I was all for buying it under the patio, but when my wife took the body round the Guy said "that's good, I don't really like rabbits"

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had Springers for 40 years - this was our last one, Ginny who died 4 years ago - still missed every day,
IMG_0001.JPG

However, the list of food, stolen and eaten by various ones over the years:

Half of the bottom tier of our wedding cake (the whole fruit cake was eaten, but marzipan and icing was left),
2lb of frozen sausages, (only to reappear a couple of hours later...) :sick:
Pack of butter and 2lb of sugar,
Every single one of our neighbours ripe tomatoes, she ignored the unripe ones...
Various foods left on worktops to defrost - her and the cat worked as a team.....

Our first one also had an addiction for all things circular - balls, rings, etc - one day she brought in the current no. 1 single Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - to this day we have no idea where she nicked it from......

OP
OP
beltsandbraces

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
Our dogs will never steal food even if it's where they can get it easily, they have to be given it. Anything that hits the floor is theirs though.
Anything that hits the floor LOL I was not best pleased when I got home to this!!!! but look at the face, how could I be mad!!!! was really looking forward to seeing that film :(

Attachments

• pup1.jpg
    pup1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 94
  • pup.jpg
    pup.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 98
Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Anything that hits the floor LOL I was not best pleased when I got home to this!!!! but look at the face, how could I be mad!!!! was really looking forward to seeing that film :(

We had to put a post box outside the front door because of chewed up letters.

Also had to replace all of my cards when he got hold of my wallet.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
SOMETIMES IT'S THE OWNER AT FAULT.

Once Nannyjan and I went to a cafe for breakfast. The man on the next table finished his meal and went. He had left the biggest piece of thick juicy bacon imagineable.

I got up and wrapped it in my serviette to take back for my little dog. Just as I sat down, he returned from the toilet!!!!

:Eeek:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
SOMETIMES IT'S THE OWNER AT FAULT.

Once Nannyjan and I went to a cafe for breakfast. The man on the next table finished his meal and went. He had left the biggest piece of thick juicy bacon imagineable.

I got up and wrapped it in my serviette to take back for my little dog. Just as I sat down, he returned from the toilet!!!!

:Eeek:
Joy, we have a friend who was caught red handed eating the meal he thought a diner had left, when the diner returned from the loo ..... :rofl: He never told us what happened, but has never done it since .....

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy, we have a friend who was caught red handed eating the meal he thought a diner had left, when the diner returned from the loo ..... :rofl: He never told us what happened, but has never done it since .....

I feel his pain. ;)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
One of my Welsh Springers also had a penchant for socks and often they would come out the other end quite intact.

I might have washed them and put them back in my other half's sock drawer without telling him....... :whistle::whistle:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Started us remembering loads of things. Our second Springer Joss, was found with an opened bag of slug pellets at 9 weeks old. We didn't think she'd eaten any, but to be on the safe side she had her stomach pumped and was given calcium injections and other drugs as an antidote.

To say the medication affected her was an understatement - the only Springer we've ever had that left food uneaten, refused to go into bushes/undergrowth, and hated getting her hair wet!

We had a boat at the time and my abiding memories will always be of her face, as she misplaced her paws getting on and off the boat, claws scraping down the hull as she fell into the water, and a face that said it all 'b*^$#%*'.

This is a link from YouTube - we were doing a tribute to Roy Orbison - I couldn't move for her! The handsome little lad in the life jacket is 'Our Little'un' - 26 now but just as gorgeous!

Please understand that we had to make our own entertainment in those days - the wigs were made of papier-mâché stuck on balloons! The sad thing about it is that half the line up are no longer with us!

Hope it makes you smile....

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Started us remembering loads of things. Our second Springer Joss, was found with an opened bag of slug pellets at 9 weeks old. We didn't think she'd eaten any, but to be on the safe side she had her stomach pumped and was given calcium injections and other drugs as an antidote.

To say the medication affected her was an understatement - the only Springer we've ever had that left food uneaten, refused to go into bushes/undergrowth, and hated getting her hair wet!

We had a boat at the time and my abiding memories will always be of her face, as she misplaced her paws getting on and off the boat, claws scraping down the hull as she fell into the water, and a face that said it all 'b*^$#%*'.

This is a link from YouTube - we were doing a tribute to Roy Orbison - I couldn't move for her! The handsome little lad in the life jacket is 'Our Little'un' - 26 now but just as gorgeous!

Please understand that we had to make our own entertainment in those days - the wigs were made of papier-mâché stuck on balloons! The sad thing about it is that half the line up are no longer with us!

Wonderful memories!! Got me singing!!!thanks for sharing! Happy days!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

You are nearly but not quite as good as our Paul @haganap.... :)

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
One of my Welsh Springers also had a penchant for socks and often they would come out the other end quite intact.

I might have washed them and put them back in my other half's sock drawer without telling him....... :whistle::whistle:

Oh yes, they always came out but my wife wouldn't touch them so I had to wash them :D The only thing that didn't was 1/2 a tennis ball. Churned around in there for about 10 day, he brought up little pieces now again but then went down hill rapidly.

Cost £924 to remove it from his intestine. Good job it wasn't a whole one, it may have been £2000:)

He did live another 13yrs after that but never learn what shouldn't eat.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh yes, they always came out but my wife wouldn't touch them so I had to wash them :D The only thing that didn't was 1/2 a tennis ball. Churned around in there for about 10 day, he brought up little pieces now again but then went down hill rapidly.

Cost £924 to remove it from his intestine. Good job it wasn't a whole one, it may have been £2000:)

He did live another 13yrs after that but never learn what shouldn't eat.

Glad he was ok. :(

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Our cat came in once dragging a large cooked chicken - never did find out who had lost their Sunday lunch
Friends cat brought home a still frozen chicken, many years later at an 'elderly persons dinner' she was a helper, she was able to solve the mystery of the lost sunday dinner to a very old lady.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Had to put child proof locks on my fridge and freezer to keep the, well fed but bored, dogs out. came home to discover all i had left was a pint of milk and half a tin of baked beans. had eaten all including papers and cartons. took a very long time to clean up the resulting effect, had to get a new carpet.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The Daughters Springer has a liking for Rasberries, he'll even stand on his back legs to reach as far up the vines as he can. When he comes up the hill to our place, if we don't watch him he'll be off to the Veggie Patch hoovering up the Chickee Poo pellets

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not a springer but Barley (cross whippet/lab) could jump on the worktop and nick whatever she fancied ... she also once found a bag of Artex powder and had a lovely roll around in it ... she's started off a honey lab colour and ended up mottled grey ... never did get the stuff out of the carpet!

Poppy (cross border collie/whippet) could get at the tall waste bin that was behind a louvre cupboard door in the kitchen which had a catch on to prevent her pulling it open ... there was a 4 inch gap at the bottom and we never ever knew how she managed to contort herself under it then up into the bin!

Pootle (lab/alsation cross) loved to raid the fridge although she cured herself one day when for some unknown reason instead of all the lovely meat etc in there she nicked a packet of lard ... sick as a pig and never ever did it again! She also once nicked a bag of pineapple chunk sweets and scoffed the lot ... when we got in from work she had a face like a prune and drank a gallon of water! Just remembered she always knew when the strawberries were ready ... we never ever got one ourselves as she scoffed the lot!

Kizzie (cross alsation/JR) used to love running into the greenhouse and nicking leaves off the lettuces to munch ... she never did managed to pinch a whole one though.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We had a springer Trixi was her name retierd drugs dog for hm customs our boys friends used to height coming to the door she would just sit next to them and stare at them
One time she was not settling in the house my son opens the door she was off like a shot straight down the road and right in to a house just Ben radded by police
When I got there I apologize he sad no problem by the time that had realized it wasn't one of the dogs she had fund 10kg of herbal dope
She always showed interest in that house before the raid
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back