lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are in Pont a Mousson tonight, so far very impressed although we've just had a walk round the harbour where we're staying will go a walk into town after dinner.

We parked next to another Possl and went I got out he came out and started saying someone in German that I assumed was van as in the same until he pointed to my legs and the fact I was wearing shorts:)

The Aire is run by the Port and in two parts they have an area just as you come off the road, if you drive up past the office they have another quieter and more secluded area which we are parked on. The price is €9.50 a night and includes EHU, water fresh and waste, showers and free washing machine and tumble drier they also normally have Wifi but sign up saying it's not working. They also have a bar and resturant on site.

Lovely view of all the boats from the van.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We are in Pont a Mousson tonight, so far very impressed although we've just had a walk round the harbour where we're staying will go a walk into town after dinner.

We parked next to another Possl and went I got out he came out and started saying someone in German that I assumed was van as in the same until he pointed to my legs and the fact I was wearing shorts:)

The Aire is run by the Port and in two parts they have an area just as you come off the road, if you drive up past the office they have another quieter and more secluded area which we are parked on. The price is €9.50 a night and includes EHU, water fresh and waste, showers and free washing machine and tumble drier they also normally have Wifi but sign up saying it's not working. They also have a bar and resturant on site.

We regularly go to Pont a Mousson and always stay on the Aire on the Moselle run by the Captiniere. Extremely pleasant place and short walk into town.
Of course, you can get free Wi-Fi from Mcdonalds which is virtually next door and parking at the top end, it connects no problem.
The WiFi wasn't working in June this year either but it's a regular stop off for us.
Btw, don't expect milk shakes in McDonald's. My French isn't brilliant but did work out milk, chocolate and strawberry. I really fancied one, as did Swmbo as it was a particularly hot day. Who'd have thought it was strawberry chocolate flavoured milk......... HOT!!!!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

So glad you are having s good time after your previous mishaps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
So glad you are having s good time after your previous mishaps.
They were just a blip Anthea won't let folk like that spoil my holiday, OK an expensive one but nothing a couple of overtime shifts can fix :)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have never been able to get on that Aire.

But it did mean that we found another very nice one. Very quiet and free WC and waster water disposal.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 19.07.59.png

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
These 'Carlsberg' Aires that are being revealed could, if we don't have one already, develop into a list of excellence, except they would always be full of Funsters who have read the list.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.