Ideas for trip to Dortmund (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys

Heading from Calais to Dortmund in a couple of weeks and would appreciate any suggestions of nice places to stop en route.
Christmas markets, historic towns or scenic stops would be good.

Have already got Bruges on the list

Thanks very much

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We've just come back from a 3 month trip and our route home was through Germany and Holland. We stayed in Valkenburg in Holland for a few nights and it was preparing for their world famous Christmas markets in the caves. There's a campsite in town with an attached aire, but I'd suggest booking as it's likely to be popular now the markets are open. CC 15430.
P1050349.JPG
P1050353.JPG
P1050361.JPG
P1050396.JPG

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've just come back from a 3 month trip and our route home was through Germany and Holland. We stayed in Valkenburg in Holland for a few nights and it was preparing for their world famous Christmas markets in the caves. There's a campsite in town with an attached aire, but I'd suggest booking as it's likely to be popular now the markets are open. CC 15430.
View attachment 268363 View attachment 268364 View attachment 268365View attachment 268366

Just booked the last available space !!

Thank you for your suggesion - looking forward to it already

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There is a very large carpark on the edge of Valkenburg town, close to the lake and you can be fully fledged FLT. No services of course, we just shared the carpark with a couple of coaches
Very scenic walks nearby and very peaceful place to overnight.
We stayed one night in the summer as the campsite was holding a CMC rally the weekend we were there and fully booked.
Lovely town and I got the same picture of the street art :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back