I wouldn't mind trying this Yamaha Niken (3 Viewers)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
When I first saw it, I just thought 'why'... that hasn't changed. Its hard to know what the target market is.

Its funny how the market seems to have drifted into a bit of an alternative reality, which means everything is either an adventure bike , or a scrambler, or some throwback thing that never actually existed. Saw a road test on a new Guzzi Adventure bike, that is basically want the have made for years, with knobblies and high bars .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Twice as much grip on the front end. It would probably have saved us when I hit a patch of diesel in Gent many years ago. Plus I would think you get better braking.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Trying to think of the benefits....Not having a kick stand, can anyone think of anything else?

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Trying to think of the benefits....Not having a kick stand, can anyone think of anything else?
If you like buying tyres..?

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
I like that a lot. Will defo go for a test ride but double the contact patch at the front has to be of interest. Sadly it won’t filter on the M25 as well for me.

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
1previous van. Not had one for 3 years.
Altogether now... "3 wheels on my Niken and I'm still rolling along, those Cherokee's are after me..." :whistle::whistle:

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
It has more grip, but that's not he main benefit. If you loose grip, it'll understeer like a car, you can correct and probably survive. With one wheel up front, you'll at least need new underpants, or you've low-sided/gone airborne!

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Like a two wheeler then - but with a better chance of high-siding when it grips again?
According to the reviews, if you turn off the traction control and really abuse it (powerslides, etc), it can have a go at throwing you, but you have to really be taking the pee.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
But not like a car, like a bike. The front will tuck like a single wheel, a car slides but stays in a stable condition.
Read the reviews. They pretty much all say that it'll just glide wide like a car.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
You Should get descent air when you highside :p

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Read the reviews. They pretty much all say that it'll just glide wide like a car.

Well, to be honest, I can't be bothered.

I wonder if one would have saved me yesterday ? I was in slow traffic at a junction, came to a stop, THUD, bike is on it's nearside. So with the help of the card driver behind I pick it up and in the process find my foot in a sunken manhole cover. Of all the places to stop, one foot on the road, one foot an inch or so down and that's all it took.

Just a scuff on the bar end and a scratch on the engine bar. Not a mark on any plastic and the bars didn't bend. Bike is now Christened.

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
Sorry to hear about the drop. I think it doesn’t stay upright if you let go of it.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Years ago, a pal of mine came to a stop at traffic lights in town and ended up on the floor, the kickstart had gone up the leg of his Wrangler flares and he couldn't get his foot down ! :D

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Years ago, a pal of mine came to a stop at traffic lights in town and ended up on the floor, the kickstart had gone up the leg of his Wrangler flares and he couldn't get his foot down ! :D

Love it. Funnily enough I did just the same one day, right foot down. The left foot nothing, would not move, my lace had caught in the footpeg, but I got away with that one. You can tell how long ago by "laces". But I still know exactly where it happened.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back