I think that's about it for this year? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
With Germany and France now on lock down, and the UK surely not far behind I think that is it now for this year?
Fortunately we had a couple of weeks away earlier this month in Germany, but we're due to go away again next week, the only option now is to stay at home, but not sure how long that will be viable for with the seemingly rapid rise in infections, it looks like most of the country will soon be tier 3 at least, if not full lockdown.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have had to cancel three m/h breaks since August due to travel restrictions in Wales. Also we have had to “postpone” our m/h annual service and the service and MOT on the scooter we tow so, regrettably, I agree with your supposition. In Wales at least.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have had to cancel three m/h breaks since August due to travel restrictions in Wales. Also we have had to “postpone” our m/h annual service and the service and MOT on the scooter we tow so, regrettably, I agree with your supposition. In Wales at least.
Why have you had to postpone the service, everything has been normal for that sort of thing here, I had pickup mot and a few brake repairs done last week, rang on Saturday , it was back home done Tuesday morning.
Julie had her car full service and mot two days after booking in.
Had the van mot on the same day I rang them. :unsure: :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Slioch

Free Member
Apr 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Going abroad with van just now is the last thing I'd want to do.
Situation regarding lockdowns, travel restrictions etc can change very quickly, and differently in dufferent countries.
What happens if you're in, eg, Southern Spain and you get symptoms? You SHOULD get tested.
What then if test is positive? You SHOULD self isolate, very hard in a van with need to get food, water, empty toilet. Self isolating here means not going out at all.
Then imagine you get worse and need treatment. Spanish hospitals are as good as here, but I know I'd rather be near home and family.
Maybe I'm a wuss, but travelling abroad just now is putting yourselves and others at risk unnecessarily.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I think we are sticking to short breaks for time being. We have managed three night breaks were it’s been safe to travel.
We had a long holiday in Australia at the end of last year so long breaks were not on the cards this year any way. Muttly can’t travel with us any more so organising travels when our daughter can fit in dog sitting restricts our travel time a little. Eventually we will start planning our retirement trips when this situation sorts its self out.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
the rise is positive test results, not actual cases /. infections, which is not surprising now that millions of tests are being done now worldwide compared to the number being done in June which seems to be the current base month for data, instead of April which was the actual peak, with numbers of infections far higher than now.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Why have you had to postpone the service, everything has been normal for that sort of thing here, I had pickup mot and a few brake repairs done last week, rang on Saturday , it was back home done Tuesday morning.
Julie had her car full service and mot two days after booking in.
Had the van mot on the same day I rang them. :unsure: :Smile:
If it were say level 3 it would be prudent not to travel into or out of those areas.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
In terms of motorhoming, I wrote this year off in March!

I use my motorhome to get me and my toys to where I want to be

Most of the events I'd planned to attend/participate in have either been cancelled or I haven't been allowed to travel to them

Travel to Europe, for participating in sports, has been problematical and probably not worth attempting due to local restrictions. In addition, some of my sports are considered 'extreme' and carry risks that may require medical treatment (or worse) if it all goes wrong - putting an additional load on health services during a pandemic is not something I would want to do

Just as well my moho is my daily drive, so it's not sitting on the drive doing nothing🙂

Despite everything, I do everything I can to stay positive

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We managed 3 weeks away in Yorkshire and came back just before restrictions started in Yorkshire. We have a couple of little trips planned locally as I thought that is safer and easier. We both retired this year and had a lot of plans of overseas trips, but just happy to be away in this country at the moment.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We've definitely got the lockdown blues, even before the lockdown. We did get away to France twice, in July and September, but it is the prospect of no winter trip to Spain/Portugal, and months of winter weather with no relief has really got to me today. We'll cope, of course. It's a p*sser to have the van sitting on the drive goading us. Will do some short trips if and when the weather looks suitable, but ....

Oh, yes, on Sunday, which was a lovely day, we went down to the Bishop's Palace in Wells, and spotted the resident Kingfishers flashing by over the moat. That was a lift. But it's grey and rainy today.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back