I Phone XR Complexity downloading Pictures, compared to I Phone 6S (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi are there any I Phone XR users out there?
We have upgraded our I Phone from 6S to XR, but now its going to be a nightmare to download pictures compared to the older 6S.
I always assumed that all our pictures were stored on the phone, but having watched some you tube videos it appears they are loaded onto "The Cloud".
Not happy with this arrangement as they just want us to buy more Cloud Storage, so have turned off that button (for now).

Downloading our pictures from 6S was a doddle, just plug in USB lead to windows 10 laptop, click on pictures, select Import, then click download from USB, pictures would then be downloaded to laptop, arrange in date order and Bobs your Uncle(y)

But Now with the new XR phone, its tells me having searched "No Pictures Found to import" You tube "Experts"want me to install I Tunes on laptop, then click on File Explorer in Programs, connect USB lead to laptop, hope that Apple Icon appears, click on DCI Files, then drag & drop or Copy & Paste them into download files, then move them over to Pictures and so on.

I haven't attempted the second option as yet, as I thought NO WAY, can or should it be this complex.
Do any of you know a shortcut or easier way to download pictures than the suggested method/methods I have seen on You tube as its now a lot of Faff!

Any help on this would gratefully appreciated.

Les

Jan 6, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Since 2018
I guess you could try turning ICloud Photos off in settings, Photos, That may work keeping photos on phone instead of the cloud.
Additional I Cloud storage is £0.79 / Month for 50GB, less than 3 pints per year?

Otherwise get a MacBook and just air drop them, so easy.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
You can air drop using the phone too. I went from 6s to XS, didn’t lose anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have you tried to synch your 6s with laptop first then log out your iPhone and Apple ID. When you log in on new phone it should ask you if you are setting up a new phone , transfer your info and do it all for you from there.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try using Google photos, you get far more free storage and easy to use as Lorraine has the XR any uses google.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
If you did what your friend initially said you would find it does it automatically once setup.
Download itunes.... plug phone in... pop up will ask you whether you want to transfer media.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back