• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED I need some heat in my van (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome to the forum Kev.
We've got Webasto now. When we get to the heating stage on our pvc , Ralph will put Webasto in again. It's brilliant. You just need good batteries. We have trojan.
I'm sure someone else will come on and give you more info too.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome -(y) all depends on how much you want to spend /new or second hand -In the past I have had Ebspacher diesel (not correct spelling;))Propex and currently on TRUMA -both gas The truma has given good service for 8 yrs (y)and although I liked the propex I don't think it's as good as the Truma -Just been away for 3 night with heating on 24/7 and it's cost about £6 in gas = to 3.5 ish ltrs -Both Truma and propex are around £500 ish to buy new -the ebspacher are closer to £900
I have and will be fitting a Esbpacher AIRTronic(£2400 plus) hot water/blown air heating one in my next (for my self) conversion (y)Picked it up SH for a lot less :DNo idea how much the Ebspacher cost to run because it drank from the tank ;)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome -(y) all depends on how much you want to spend /new or second hand -In the past I have had Ebspacher diesel (not correct spelling;))Propex and currently on TRUMA -both gas The truma has given good service for 8 yrs (y)and although I liked the propex I don't think it's as good as the Truma -Just been away for 3 night with heating on 24/7 and it's cost about £6 in gas = to 3.5 ish ltrs -Both Truma and propex are around £500 ish to buy new -the ebspacher are closer to £900
I have and will be fitting a Esbpacher Hydronic(£2400 plus) hot water/blown air heating one in my next (for my self) conversion (y)Picked it up SH for a lot less :DNo idea how much the Ebspacher cost to run because it drank from the tank ;)
terry

Its just the power thing with the Eberspacher terry, or at least it is with our 2005 year one.

Paul.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Its just the power thing with the Eberspacher terry, or at least it is with our 2005 year one.

Paul.
Hi Paul,I never ran out of power for it, so never gave that a thought -The Truma has just done 2 days on the one L/B and another after a 200 mls run so I have no doubt it had another full charge to go at (y)Are you saying the Eberspacher is power hungry ? again I never had a problem but I don't remember or cared about it gobbling batteries back then --I may well stick 2 l/bs in the next van -god I may even use/fit a solar panel :D
terry

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes Terry 2005 Eberspacher D5 hydronic power hungry, even with 2 leisure batteries.

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks -(y) food for thought and better to find out now so plans can be made -Will have to ask Andy63 on how power hungry the AIRTRONIC one is (NOT HYDRONIC)-he is the only person I know with one :D
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back