I need my MH to be cool! (1 Viewer)

Jul 9, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Worceste
Exp
Hi everyone. This might sound silly, but I need my future MH to be cool inside. My menopausal years (& health) require my body temperature to be on the cooler side. I'd love some stories & advice on how to achieve this.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Exterior screens first thing in the morning before the sun gets out, blinds closed on all windows/roof windows that face the
sun

Endless Breeze fan blowing but if it gets too hot without the window coverings it will just blow warm air. Once it gets really hot inside the van covering the windows has little effect.

Flannels in the freezer then use on face and wrists.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I don't feel the cold and suffer badly in the heat.

When on EHU I have to use the roof mounted habitation aircon that does the trick.

Other than that I bought fom Amazon a fan simila to the currently advetised as a Chillmax fom Asda, Food Warehouse.

51UZNywAwpS._AC_SY355_.jpg

Similar to the one above. It is free standing or you can clip it just about anywhere.

Mine is charged through the standard USB plug and lasts for hours and does not have to be connected when in use.

I have found that it stirs the air well.

Amazon product ASIN B01A6X7B4S

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
We bought our MH when my better half was going through treatment for the big C. She had similar issues with temperatures but even down in the South of France in 35 degree heat she was fine in the Hymer, a couple of normal fans and all the blinds closed and it never got too uncomfortable for her at all. The Pina Colada’s probably helped too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
The Old Man, is the fan you provided the link for, the one you have? I only ask because the one in the link doesn’t say that it’s rechargeable, but you say yours is. It sounds brilliant, but we’d need a rechargeable one.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ive owned vans that have had two large air conditioners on the roof and even in really warm places rarely used them. A decent 12 volt Fan, was normally enough for us.

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
If you want to lower the ambient temperature then you will need an air conditioning unit. Portable would be around £300, roof mounted would be just under a few grand.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Much the same as you do at home. Draw curtains/blinds and use a fan drawing air from a window on the cooler side. Bear in mid that unlike at home, most m/hs have windows on all 4 walls so one of them will be in full sun at some time during the day.
Park in the shade, preferably under trees since they not only provide shade but the natural evaporation of moisture from their leaves reduces the temp under the canopy.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Fans are great to circulate cooler air, but fans on an evaporative cooler like a transcool really can drop the relative temperature in a van

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Freeze some small plastic bottles of water. Place one in front of the fan in a tea saucer (or similar). As the bottle warms up (thaws out) replace it with another and refreeze the original. Hope it helps.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
I don't feel the cold and suffer badly in the heat.

When on EHU I have to use the roof mounted habitation aircon that does the trick.

Other than that I bought fom Amazon a fan simila to the currently advetised as a Chillmax fom Asda, Food Warehouse.

51UZNywAwpS._AC_SY355_.jpg

Similar to the one above. It is free standing or you can clip it just about anywhere.

Mine is charged through the standard USB plug and lasts for hours and does not have to be connected when in use.

I have found that it stirs the air well.

Amazon product ASIN B01A6X7B4S
Thanks for that, was about to start searching for one to keep my son cool when travelling (we’re ok we have aircon in the front). Ordered one and they have a promotion on at Amazon today with 5% off plus, for some reason, a free cordless dog clipper worth £20+ (apparently)! Sure I’ll find someone who can use it (y):giggle:

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Omnivent three speed fan in the roof. Not cheap, blows in or out and it works fine for us.
<Broken link removed>

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
The Old Man, is the fan you provided the link for, the one you have? I only ask because the one in the link doesn’t say that it’s rechargeable, but you say yours is. It sounds brilliant, but we’d need a rechargeable one.

No it's similar in looks and size. Mine is rechargeable and lasts an age, I fell asleep with it on one night and it was still going in the morning.

It's quiet as well.

When home and on my laptop I'll find it in my Amazon history.

The chilax one is rechargeable.

Another cooling pointer.

I'm the evening it will often cool quicker outside the van, than in.

If bugs are not an issue I have both my USB fan and a 6" 240volt fan attached to a similar bulldog clip.

Ioint then in windows sucking cooler air into the van.

Works a treat.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
IMG_20210702_085956.jpg

This is mine in freestanding mode.

On a computer screen you may be able to read the brand name in the centre?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Hi everyone. This might sound silly, but I need my future MH to be cool inside. My menopausal years (& health) require my body temperature to be on the cooler side. I'd love some stories & advice on how to achieve this.

Consider a panel van conversion. Opening the side and rear doors will give you a complete air change in a few seconds. The metal bodyshell cools quite quickly after the sun goes down.

If it stays hot at night, I use a clip-on 8" fan aimed down onto the bed. It's a 230v fan, which is OK for us because we are on campsite hook-up.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I'd forget air-con unless you are prepared to be hooked-up to mains.
Damp towels and a draught are probably the most practical solution.
Stop heat getting in with silver screens to windows and give plenty of ventilation.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
It isn’t but it will run off a phone charger, that is my intention as I’ve got a few of those lying about

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back