I have just put a computer for sale in the classifieds. ideal for playing with linux or NAS box if anyone is interested. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I rarely if ever look at the classifieds and thought most will be the same as me? I thought if anyone is interested in having a box to play with linux. Or wants to create a NAS box for home use this would be ideal as it can hold between 4 and 6 x 3.5" hard drives.

If anyone has any questions about Linux or what it can do. Or about DIY NAS let me know.

You could also use it a media streaming server. With a little add on and some software you can make it into a DVR. The DVR bit with live TV would be a "You're on your own" job though as I have no experience of that.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i think i want this as in having problems with my desk top do you have a picture of the outside see if i can mount it somewhere or would it decant into a toiwer case?

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
i think i want this as in having problems with my desk top do you have a picture of the outside see if i can mount it somewhere or would it decant into a toiwer case?

It possible wouldn't fit your standard ATX case as it is an E-ATX motherboard. It does need a little bit deeper case than a standard ATX motherboard.

If you remove the 'ears' off it. It could maybe be used on it's side. Although I wouldn't want to load too many hard disks in it like that.

1624915569728.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ill have it and find a way to use it if you can find the windows for it that would be great thinking of colecting after the shrewsbury meet do you know if there a pitch that night at jims ? or how i book for jims?

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
ill have it and find a way to use it if you can find the windows for it that would be great thinking of colecting after the shrewsbury meet do you know if there a pitch that night at jims ? or how i book for jims?
Not sure when the show is? Need to see what Jim says about bookings sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back