I feel like a Matrix prune (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We have just bought a new van, to us, an Adria Matrix Supreme and however much I enjoy the odd Prune, I cannot find how to turn my seat around to face the table where the food is.
Accidentally we got the seat to turn around the other day, so I know it can be done.
Helpfully the Owners Manual shows a different seat to ours and buttons we do not have.
Is there anyone about who knows the answer?

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi guys..is it not the small handle at the base left hand side of drivers seat that you pull out and then the seat turns?
Similar to the Fiat 250 and 290 cab versions? I was under the impression they were the same?

Kev

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
No idea,but some pics of your seat and it’s handles/levers might help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Ours has a red paddle type level that you need to lift straight up - and while holding it up you can turn the seat round (y)

Which reminds me, I must get round to fitting one of these to the drivers seat!

iu.jpeg

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It's a Renault Master. (Sorry I should have said) as for a picture, I would hardly know where to start. There are three levers on the right side, two in front and a puffer & deflater on the left side. Think it must be one of the front two as I can understand what the other three do... Tilt the back, slide back and fore and raise/lower the seat base.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
There are 2 handles between your legs on the squab. The one on the right is the one you want. It is very stiff and feels as if you are going to break it. The other one moves the squab forwards and back. On the right side is the handle for moving the whole seat forward and the other handle n front of this tilts the squab (you will get them mixed up). The tilt mechanism for the back rest is on the base of the back rest on the right side as well. On the left is a blowy up thing which I have never had the urge to use.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
There are 2 handles between your legs on the squab. The one on the right is the one you want. It is very stiff and feels as if you are going to break it. .................. On the left is a blowy up thing which I have never had the urge to use.
For those of you who have only just stumbled on this thread and started reading here can I suggest you go to the top to understand they are discussing how to rotate a seat and not some sexual perversion!:eek::whistle::p;):giggle:

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Are you not able to grab each lever in turn and figure out its function. If you get to a lever that doesn't seem to do anything then I suspect that is the one you need to move either harder or in a different direction.
If you've moved all levers and all have a function (that isn't rotation) then you've missed a hidden or otherwise unobvious one. Get on your hands and knees and have a proper looksie.
It's got to be a simple case of deduction and logical approach

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can you not leave the seat facing the direction it is in now and rotate the van through 180° instead? :)

If that doesn't work try eating off a tray on your knees. :)

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thank you all. I think I have sorted it out now with particular thanks to Camdoon.
I still find it somewhat illogical, reminding me of the Truma twin controls.
The seat back must be upright, right hand control.
The seat squab, forward, left hand control.
The seat fully forward, right hand I think.
The seat belt unclipped.
The door open!
Only then can the right hand front lever be lifted and the seat rotated.
Simples?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It does take a while to sort them all out. I noticed today there are some labels on them. My trick is to swivel the wife's seat when we stop and she then spends ten minutes sorting it when we leave. Great vans. By reclining the seat forward you can normally do it quite easily (about a year's practice down the road) :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thank you all. I think I have sorted it out now with particular thanks to Camdoon.
I still find it somewhat illogical, reminding me of the Truma twin controls.
The seat back must be upright, right hand control.
The seat squab, forward, left hand control.
The seat fully forward, right hand I think.
The seat belt unclipped.
The door open!
Only then can the right hand front lever be lifted and the seat rotated.
Simples?
The benefit of an a class

None of that nonsense just lever and spin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back